What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (40 Viewers)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was thinking about some potential titles Kino could have from the Studio Canal deal
Starting with 5 Hitchcock classics that were on a DVD set
Rich and Strange
The Ring
The Skin Game
Murder
The Manxman

Then the Peter Ustinov Hercule Poirot films (overseas they have Blu-rays)
Death on the Nile
Evil Under the Sun

Plus (off the top of my head)
Queen of Spades
Pool of London
The Manitou

Should be some fun times ahead !

Last edited:

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
As always...some guesses

1920's(5)Atlantic;The Informer; Blackmail; The Manxman;

1930's(7):;Man Who Could Work Miracles;Elephant Boy;The Blue Angel; Knight Without Armour; Rembrandt; The Private Life of Henry VIII

1940S(7):Went the Day Well; Whiskey Galore;Last Holiday; Queen of Spades; Nicholas Nickleby;Brighton Rock; I Was a Male War Bride

1950s(16): The Ladykillers; Dunkirk; The Captains Paradise; Hobsons Choice; A Kid and Two Farthings; Carlton Brown; Tiger Bay;Doctor at Large: The Naked Truth; Windoms Way:Man in the White Suit; The Cruel Sea; Hercules; Tales of Hoffman; Scott of the Antarctic

1960s(33): Whistle Down the Wind; Hercules Unchained; The Nanny; The Anniversary; The Oscar; Woman Times Seven; Robbery; Zulu; The Servant; Accident; Mindbenders; The Day the Earth Caught Fire; Mad Monster Party; Darling; I'll Never Forget Whats Is Name; The 10th Victim; Morgan the Pirate; Thief of Bagdad: Criminal; Last Year at Marienbad; Morgan; Wild River; Dont Drink the Water; The Vengeance of SHE; SHE; An Elephant Called Slowly; The Reptile; The Witches; The Daydreamer; A Man Called Adam;Baby love; The Swimming Pool; Nice Girl Like Me

1970s(33): Stardust; That'll Be the Day; Carnal Knowledge; Murder on the Orient Express; Endless Night; Death on the Nile; Eyewitness; Bugsy Malone; Silver Bears; Tales of Beatrix Potter; Railway Children; Fear is the Key; Emmanuelle; Murder By Decree; Man A Woman and a Bank; The Chicken Chronicles; Goldengirl;Bluebeard; Three Musketeers; Four Miuketeers; Prince and the Pauper; Fright; Arabian Adventure; Warlords of Atlantis; The Final Programme; Soldier Blue; Day of the Dolphin; Straight on Through Morning; The Manitou; And Soon the Darkness; Homebodies;Melody; Joseph Andrews

1980s(19): The Black Marble; The Seduction ; Vice Squad;Watchers; Night Games; Times Square; Honky Tonk Freeway: The Jazz Singer; Bad Boys; Mirror Crack'd; Tender Mercies; Frances; Long Good Friday; The Big Blue; Cant Stop the Music; ; The Cotton Club; Diva; Evil Under the Sun

1990s(9): LA Story; Light Sleeper; Air America; Arizona Dream; The Crying Game; Cutthroat Island; Man Trouble; Nuns on the Run; Hardware

2000s: Brotherhood of the Wolf

Last edited:

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
As always...some guesses

1920's(5):Phantom of the Opera; Alice in Wonderland; Blackmail; The Manxman; Steamboat Bill Jr

1930's(7):The Scarlet Pimpernel;Man Who Could Work Miracles;Elephant Boy;Fire Over England; Knight Without Armour; Rembrandt; The Private Life of Henry VIII

1940S(7): The Jungle Book; Whiskey Galore;Last Holiday; Queen of Spades; Nicholas Nickleby;Brighton Rock; I Was a Male War Bride

1950s(16): The Ladykillers; Dunkirk; The Captains Paradise; Hobsons Choice; A Kid and Two Farthings; Carlton Brown; The Wonder Kid; Tiger Bay;Doctor at Large: The Naked Truth; Windoms Way:Man in the White Suit; The Cruel Sea; Hercules; Tales of Hoffman; Scott of the Antarctic

1960s(33): Whistle Down the Wind; Hercules Unchained; The Nanny; The Anniversary; The Oscar; Woman Times Seven; Robbery; Zulu; The Servant; Accident; Mindbenders; The Day the Earth Caught Fire; Mad Monster Party; Darling; I'll Never Forget Whats Is Name; The 10th Victim; Morgan the Pirate; Thief of Bagdad: Criminal; Last Year at Marienbad; Morgan; Wild River; Dont Drink the Water; The Vengeance of SHE; SHE; An Elephant Called Slowly; The Reptile; The Witches; The Daydreamer; A Man Called Adam;Baby love; The Swimming Pool; Nice Girl Like Me

1970s(33): Stardust; That'll Be the Day; Carnal Knowledge; Murder on the Orient Express; Endless Night; Death on the Nile; Eyewitness; Bugsy Malone; Silver Bears; Tales of Beatrix Potter; Railway Children; Fear is the Key; Emmanuelle; Murder By Decree; Man A Woman and a Bank; The Chicken Chronicles; Goldengirl;Bluebeard; Three Musketeers; Four Miuketeers; Prince and the Pauper; Fright; Arabian Adventure; Warlords of Atlantis; The Final Programme; Soldier Blue; Day of the Dolphin; Straight on Through Morning; The Manitou; And Soon the Darkness; Homebodies;Melody; Joseph Andrews

1980s(19): The Black Marble; The Seduction ; Vice Squad;Watchers; Night Games; Times Square; Honky Tonk Freeway: The Jazz Singer; Bad Boys; Mirror Crack'd; Tender Mercies; Frances; Long Good Friday; The Big Blue; Cant Stop the Music; ; The Cotton Club; Diva; Evil Under the Sun

1990s(9): LA Story; Light Sleeper; Air America; Arizona Dream; The Crying Game; Cutthroat Island; Man Trouble; Nuns on the Run; Hardware

Of those, StudioCanal doesn’t have the rights to Phantom (which Kino has already done a release of) or Steamboat Bill Jr. Also, Cohen already did Fire Over England and quite a few of those are actually with Janus Films.

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
As always...some guesses

1920's(5):Phantom of the Opera; Alice in Wonderland; Blackmail; The Manxman; Steamboat Bill Jr

1930's(7):The Scarlet Pimpernel;Man Who Could Work Miracles;Elephant Boy;Fire Over England; Knight Without Armour; Rembrandt; The Private Life of Henry VIII

1940S(7): The Jungle Book; Whiskey Galore;Last Holiday; Queen of Spades; Nicholas Nickleby;Brighton Rock; I Was a Male War Bride

1950s(16): The Ladykillers; Dunkirk; The Captains Paradise; Hobsons Choice; A Kid and Two Farthings; Carlton Brown; The Wonder Kid; Tiger Bay;Doctor at Large: The Naked Truth; Windoms Way:Man in the White Suit; The Cruel Sea; Hercules; Tales of Hoffman; Scott of the Antarctic

I would suspect that "Carnal Knowledge" and "Darling" would be eventual Criterion titles

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Brotherhood may be with Universal - at least, the previous American video releases were through Universal.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I can't remember if this was answered already. but does the Universal deal include TV movies for blu ray release - I was thinking particularly of Masada and Portrait: A Man Whose Name was John ?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Bloody Disgusting named the KLSC release of Deep Rising as one of the year's 10 best Blu-rays for horror fans.

"Kino Lorber did a stunning job with this release and did not skimp on the bonus content. There are interviews with most of the cast, a commentary with Sommers and some behind-the-scenes looks at the special effects. It’s all very rad."

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3532523/gift-guide-blu-rays/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks