What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (16 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I am looking for a release date for the Kolchak movies. I preordered them and they haven't been released to me yet.

They aren't shipping in order of the order dates. They shipped copies of the Kolchak movies to people who ordered them after I did. The problem was that they held off shipping the Kolchaks until Trilogy was released, but they didn't reserve copies of the Kolchaks for people who ordered both. By the time Trilogy came out, they had run out of stock on the Kolchaks. They shipped off plenty of stock to retailers.

In the past three months, I haven't received a single email from them apologizing and letting me know there was a delay, and even after I emailed them and asked, they still won't give any estimate about when my order will be filled. All I got was a receipt for Trilogy with OOS written next to the Kolchak titles.

I understand that there is a problem with replication right now. But it feels to me like I am at the bottom of their priority list. I think they are pushing new titles through replication before fulfilling the orders that they have already taken and been paid for just because Halloween is over. They're leaving customers like me holding the bag. That isn't right.
I have empathy for your situation. If I was you, I'll be pissed off. With that said, this isn't the thread to address your situation. Please adhere to this thread's posting guidelines as indicated in Ron Epstein's post. Any further posts that do no pertain to future announcements will be deleted.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
On another forum, we have a KL Support person. We'll ask him to also setup an account at HTF, so he could answer questions in the Discussions area. This is what they said there:

Sorry for all of the issues. On some newer titles we've been hit manufacturing production issues and delays and shortages that have been out of our hands (such as mis-stamped Night Strangler's that were rejected before they went out to customers). This has been hitting not just us, but many other labels this season - keep in mind we all use the same replication companies.

We're helping as many as you as we can and by all means use the form here, but if we don't have it, we can't send it. Once again, venting on public boards doesn't do so much and we don't know who you are, please use this form here to contact us.
https://www.kinolorber.com/customer-service
We're a small team and going through these one by one trying to resolve your problems. If you want to order elsewhere, that's fine as well, we still recommend you use a reliable vendor.

So please everyone - cut us a break-especially on boards like this that should be focused discussing Blu-rays releases and the great add-on content we're including. These supply chain/customer issues concern us too. Be assured, we're working diligently to the DVD and Blu-rays in your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
On another forum, we have a KL Support person. We'll ask him to also setup an account at HTF, so they could answer questions in the Discussions area. This is what they said there:

Sorry for all of the issues. On some newer titles we've been hit manufacturing production issues and delays and shortages that have been out of our hands (such as mis-stamped Night Strangler's that were rejected before they went out to customers). This has been hitting not just us, but many other labels this season - keep in mind we all use the same replication companies.

We're helping as many as you as we can and by all means use the form here, but if we don't have it, we can't send it. Once again, venting on public boards doesn't do so much and we don't know who you are, please use this form here to contact us.
https://www.kinolorber.com/customer-service
We're a small team and going through these one by one trying to resolve your problems. If you want to order elsewhere, that's fine as well, we still recommend you use a reliable vendor.

So please everyone - cut us a break-especially on boards like this that should be focused discussing Blu-rays releases and the great add-on content we're including. These supply chain/customer issues concern us too. Be assured, we're working diligently to the DVD and Blu-rays in your hands.

I recently had occasion to contact KL's customer service line and the experience was first rate. I wish I could remember the customer rep's name but she was wonderful. Eager to help and get the issue resolved (it was). Put an X next to satisfied customer :) As has been noted, a forum like this is hardly the place to deal with blu ray/DVD issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
I concur.
KL are always transparent and professional in their responses. The real issue in the USA is the total lack of SUFFICIENT replication facilities for blu ray releases , I suppose due to falling demand in general for physical media. This may be 'heresay' but I heard one of the major replication facilities closed down recently putting even more pressure on the limited capacity left for blu ray new releases ,let alone exisiting titles awaiting a repress. Here in the UK we are fortunate to have sufficient capacity and new releases in the main hit street date on time.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restorations!
Includes both endings!
Nominated For 3 Oscars!
Golden Globe Nominee For Best Actress!

Sweet Charity (1969) Starring Shirley MacLaine, John McMartin, Ricardo Montalban, Sammy Davis Jr., Chita Rivera, Paula Kelly, Stubby Kaye, Barbara Bouchet and Ben Vereen - Shot by Robert Surtees (Ben-Hur, The Graduate) - Screenplay by Peter Stone (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, Charade) - From the New York Stage Production Book by Neil Simon (The Odd Couple, The Goodbye Girl) - Based upon the Screenplay The Nights of Cabiria by Federico Fellini, Tullio Pinelli and Ennio Flaiano - Directed by Bob Fosse (Cabaret, All That Jazz).

66d403c02ea936bc35785436db997ec4.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Includes both endings!
Nominated For 3 Oscars!

Sweet Charity (1969) Starring Shirley MacLaine, John McMartin, Ricardo Montalban, Sammy Davis Jr., Chita Rivera, Paula Kelly, Stubby Kaye, Barbara Bouchet and Ben Vereen - Shot by Robert Surtees (Ben-Hur, The Graduate) - Screenplay by Peter Stone (The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, Charade) - From the New York Stage Production Book by Neil Simon (The Odd Couple, The Goodbye Girl) - Based upon the Screenplay The Nights of Cabiria by Federico Fellini, Tullio Pinelli and Ennio Flaiano - Directed by Bob Fosse (Cabaret, All That Jazz).

View attachment 51645

Great news! I hope the blu ray is the complete Roadshow presentation! The French import has the overture and intermission but eliminated the entr'acte!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if you get to choose which ending you want or if the alternate ending plays after the picture ends like it does when TCM has broadcast the picture.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Includes both endings!
Nominated For 3 Oscars!

View attachment 51645

Glad to see it coming out. But you'd think when mentioning screenwriter Peter Stone, they'd also mention Father Goose in his credits. After all, he won the Oscar for it.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Rider on the Rain (1970) Starring Charles Bronson, Marlène Jobert, Gabriele Tinti, Jean Gaven and Jill Ireland - Shot by Andréas Winding (The Deadly Trap) - Music by Francis Lai (Love Story) - Screenplay by Sébastien Japrisot (A Very Long Engagement) - Directed by René Clément (Purple Noon, Forbidden Games, And Hope to Die).

rider.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks