What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (7 Viewers)

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You may not be interested in commentary tracks, but many of us are. A good one can give insight to the production of the film, an understanding of the times the movie was made and originally released, and information on the cast and crew as well as how some of the shots/effects were conceived and done. There are also unfortunately some lousy and boring ones too.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd rather have the text of a commentary track printed in a booklet. I can read it far faster than listening to it and skip over parts I might find uninteresting more easily. I rarely listen to them as I've found the majority to be immensely boring. It's not worth the time to find the very few jewels among the dross.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Not that interesting to me either, but not because it's the same track. It's not that interesting to me because I'm not interested in ANY commentary tracks. If I watch a film again, it's for the film, not some babbling over the soundtrack.
No one is forcing you to listen to a commentary track - there's no need to be so insulting about them. They always provide me with an added incentive to buy a title.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I wonder if this release will also include the two Three Stooges 3D shorts.

And the other extras on the region free Indicator Blu-ray:

1646663289662.png

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES

• 2K restoration
  • 2D and 3D presentations
  • Original mono audio
  • Audio commentary with film historians Kevin Lyons and Jonathan Rigby (2020)
  • Three-Dimensional Magic (2020, 15 mins): appreciation of The Mad Magician and the 3D filmmaking boom of the 1950s by cinematographer Frank Passingham (Kubo and the Two Strings) and archivist Tom Vincent, presented in 3D and 2D
  • Super 8 versions (16 mins, sound; and 7 mins, silent): two cut-down home cinema presentations in anaglyphic 3D
  • Two short films starring the Three Stooges: Spooks! (1953) and Pardon My Backfire (1953), presented in 3D and 2D
  • Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing, compatible in 3D and 2D
  • Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Kat Ellinger, a look at the career of producer Bryan Foy, an archival interview with director John Brahm by David Del Valle, a guide to the promotional campaign, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Jeff Billington on the Three Stooges’ 3D shorts, and film credits

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm not 3D (have an eye condition which makes seeing the effect rather sketchy) so welcome the KINO version as I'm sure it'll be less expensive than the Indicator release. Having the Stooges shorts would be nice on BR *if* they were also 2D - but I already have those, in anaglyphic versions, on the Stooges Volume 7 release (I have an early version before those were removed) so don't really "need" them.

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I'm not 3D (have an eye condition which makes seeing the effect rather sketchy) .....
You're not alone. I never realized until after I retired, and went to see Avatar, that I was one of the roughly 10% of the population that can't see 3-D. As a kid in the 1950s, I never got the attraction of 3-D films, like Creature from the Black Lagoon, and 3-D comics. I didn't know until Avatar, that some people, like me, can't see 3-D.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 31st!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/a-fistful-of-dollars-4kuhd-4k-uhd

A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS (1964)

DISC 1 (4KUHD)

• Over 24 hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata
• Audio Commentary by Novelist and Critic Tim Lucas
• Audio Commentary by Noted Film Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
• 5.1 Surround and Original 2.0 Mono
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc
• Optional English Subtitles

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
• Over 24 Hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata
• Interview with Actress Marianne Koch
• The Christopher Frayling Archives: A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
• A New Kind of Hero
• A Few Weeks in Spain: Clint Eastwood on the Experience of Making the Film
• Tre Voci: Three Friends Remember Sergio Leone
• Not Ready for Primetime: Renowned Filmmaker Monte Hellman Discusses the Television Broadcast of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
• The Network Prologue with Harry Dean Stanton
• Location Comparisons: Then to Now
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with John Badham
• A FISTFUL in Pictures Image Gallery
• Promoting A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS Image Gallery
• A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS On the Set Image Gallery
• Archival Outtakes
• Radio Spots
• Double Bill Trailer
• Theatrical Trailer
• Double-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 99 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
The film that started it all… the genre of “spaghetti western” was born, “The Man with No Name” was introduced and the iconic talents of star Clint Eastwood (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter), director Sergio Leone (For a Few Dollars More, A Fistful of Dynamite) and composer Ennio Morricone (Navajo Joe, Death Rides a Horse) were launched. An instant international phenomenon, this hard-hitting epic stunned audiences with its violence, gritty realism and tongue-in-cheek humor. A lean, cold-eyed, cobra-quick gunfighter (Eastwood) arrives in a grim and dusty border town where two rival bands of smugglers terrorize the impoverished citizens. Though he receives lucrative offers of employment from each gang, his loyalty cannot be bought. He accepts both jobs...and sets in motion a deadly plan to destroy the criminals, pitting one against the other in a series of brilliantly orchestrated setups, showdowns and deadly confrontations. Co-starring Marianne Koch (Night People, The Devil’s General) and Gian Maria Volontè (Sacco & Vanzetti, Lucky Luciano), A Fistful of Dollars is the western taken to the extreme.

738329258702.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
It would be great, if you guys did not promote the UK release of an upcoming KLSC release with full high-res art and complete list of extras on this thread. There are other ways you can get your point through, maybe just ask if we're including the Indicator extras?

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not 3D (have an eye condition which makes seeing the effect rather sketchy) so welcome the KINO version as I'm sure it'll be less expensive than the Indicator release.
I have glaucoma in one eye which makes 3D viewing a struggle. 3D requires pretty good vision from both eyes and my glaucoma eye has lost about 35% of its vision.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Coming May 31st!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/a-fistful-of-dollars-4kuhd-4k-uhd

A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS (1964)

DISC 1 (4KUHD)

• Over 24 hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata
• Triple-Layered UHD100 Disc

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
• Over 24 Hours of extensive shot-by-shot color grading of the logarithmic restored 4K files provided by L’Immagine Ritrovata
• Interview with Actress Marianne Koch
• The Christopher Frayling Archives: A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
• A New Kind of Hero
• A Few Weeks in Spain: Clint Eastwood on the Experience of Making the Film
• Not Ready for Primetime: Renowned Filmmaker Monte Hellman Discusses the Television Broadcast of A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS
• The Network Prologue with Harry Dean Stanton
• Location Comparisons: Then to Now
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with John Badham
• A FISTFUL in Pictures Image Gallery
• Promoting A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS Image Gallery
• A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS On the Set Image Gallery
• Archival Outtakes
• Radio Spots
• Double Bill Trailer
• Theatrical Trailer
• Double-Layered BD50 Disc

Color 99 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
The film that started it all… the genre of “spaghetti western” was born, “The Man with No Name” was introduced and the iconic talents of star Clint Eastwood (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter), director Sergio Leone (For a Few Dollars More, A Fistful of Dynamite) and composer Ennio Morricone (Navajo Joe, Death Rides a Horse) were launched. An instant international phenomenon, this hard-hitting epic stunned audiences with its violence, gritty realism and tongue-in-cheek humor. A lean, cold-eyed, cobra-quick gunfighter (Eastwood) arrives in a grim and dusty border town where two rival bands of smugglers terrorize the impoverished citizens. Though he receives lucrative offers of employment from each gang, his loyalty cannot be bought. He accepts both jobs...and sets in motion a deadly plan to destroy the criminals, pitting one against the other in a series of brilliantly orchestrated setups, showdowns and deadly confrontations. Co-starring Marianne Koch (Night People, The Devil’s General) and Gian Maria Volontè (Sacco & Vanzetti, Lucky Luciano), A Fistful of Dollars is the western taken to the extreme.

View attachment 130427
Is the Blu ray the existing disc or a remaster?

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
It would be great, if you guys did not promote the UK release of an upcoming KLSC release with full high-res art and complete list of extras on this thread. There are other ways you can get your point through, maybe just ask if we're including the Indicator extras?
So will The Mad Magician have either the Indicator or the Twilight Time Extras?

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 24th from Scorpion Releasing & Kino Lorber!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/jude-blu-ray

JUDE (1996)

• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Filmmaker Daniel Kremer and Film Critic Scout Tafoya
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible Art

Color/B&W 123 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From acclaimed director Michael Winterbottom (24 Hour Party People, Wonderland) and writer Hossein Amini (The Wings of the Dove, Drive) comes this bold and sweeping adaptation of Thomas Hardy’s Jude the Obscure. Jude Fawley (an extraordinary Christopher Eccleston, Shallow Grave, TV’s Doctor Who) is a stonemason with a passion for learning. After a brief but unhappy marriage to the daughter of a local pig farmer, he moves to Christminster to be closer to his beloved scholars. There, he meets and falls totally in love with his cousin Sue Bridehead (a dazzling Kate Winslet, Sense and Sensibility, Titanic), a thoroughly modern young woman, whose wit and beauty captivate him. When they join in an illicit union that flouts society’s conventions, fate takes a tragic turn. Featuring Liam Cunningham (TV’s Game of Thrones) and Rachel Griffiths (Muriel’s Wedding), Jude is a mesmerizing romantic drama that explores themes of class, education, religion, marriage and morality in Victorian England.

738329258696.jpg

738329258696_Back.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 31st from Code Red!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/yeti-giant-of-the-20th-century-blu-ray

YETI: GIANT OF THE 20TH CENTURY (1977)

• Mastered in HD from the Original Italian 35mm Camera Negative
• Trailers
• All Region

Color 101 Minutes 1.85:1 UNRATED
This 1977 Italian King Kong rip-off is non-stop fun and camp action. Starring the gorgeous Antonella Interlenghi (The Gates of Hell) as “Jane” who discovers her “Tarzan” in the form of a giant Yeti (Mimmo Crao) that is taken into captivity and put on public display. When the Yeti breaks loose, it’s Godzilla-style special effects galore as he smashes through the city, crushing the bad guys and searching for his new love, Jane. From Gianfranco Parolini (Frank Kramer), the acclaimed director of Sabata, Adiós, Sabata, Return of Sabata, We Are No Angels and God’s Gun! Co-starring Tony Kendall (Kiss Kiss, Kill Kill). Remastered in HD from the original Italian 35mm camera negative.

Distributed by Kino Lorber!

738329258863.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming May 31st!
PREORDER NOW!

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/for-a-few-dollars-more-4kuhd-4k-uhd

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (1965)

DISC 1 (4KUHD)

• The Complete Restored Edit of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE with Extensive Shot-by-Shot Color Grading
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian Sir Christopher Frayling
• Newly Corrected 2.0 Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
• The Complete Restored Edit of FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE with Extensive Shot-by-Shot Color Grading
• On location in Almería and Granada with Filmmaker Alex Cox
• The Christopher Frayling Archives: FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• A New Standard: Frayling on FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• Back for More: Clint Eastwood Remembers FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE: The Original American Release Version Featurette
• Location Comparisons
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Ernest Dickerson
• Promoting FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Image Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE On the Set Image Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Color Stills Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Pictures Gallery
• Radio Spots
• Double Bill Trailer
• Two Theatrical Trailers (Newly Encoded)
• NEW Correctly Synched 2.0 Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio

The Three Restored Scenes:
01:12:35:22-01:13:03:10 – Mondo's first close up is now fully unedited.
01:23:12:10-01:23:37:15 – Indio's laugh is now fully unedited.
02:40:06:11-02:42:02:07 – The beating scene restored in its full unedited form.

Color 132 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Screen legends Clint Eastwood (High Plains Drifter) and Lee Van Cleef (Death Rides a Horse) co-star as two rival bounty hunters who join forces to bring murderous bandit El Indio (Gian Maria Volontè, A Fistful of Dollars) and his vicious gang of criminals to justice. But all is not as it seems in this explosive second installment of Sergio Leone’s legendary “Man with No Name” trilogy that blasted off with A Fistful of Dollars and concluded with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Spiced with blistering gun battles, jailbreaks, bank holdups and a sardonic sense of humor, For a Few Dollars More features a haunting score by the masterful Ennio Morricone (A Fistful of Dynamite) and a stellar cast that includes spaghetti western legends Mario Brega (A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die), Luigi Pistilli (Cold Sweat), Aldo Sambrell (Navajo Joe) and Klaus Kinski (The Great Silence).

738329258719.jpg

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Coming May 31st!
PREORDER NOW!

https://www.kinolorber.com/product/for-a-few-dollars-more-4kuhd-4k-uhd

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (1965)

DISC 1 (4KUHD)

• Newly Corrected 2.0 Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio

DISC 2 (BLU-RAY)
• On location in Almería and Granada with Filmmaker Alex Cox
• The Christopher Frayling Archives: FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• A New Standard: Frayling on FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• Back for More: Clint Eastwood Remembers FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE: The Original American Release Version Featurette
• Location Comparisons
• TRAILERS FROM HELL with Ernest Dickerson
• Promoting FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Image Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE On the Set Image Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Color Stills Gallery
• FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE Pictures Gallery
• Radio Spots
• Double Bill Trailer
• Two Theatrical Trailers (Newly Encoded)
• NEW Correctly Synched 2.0 Mono and 5.1 Surround Audio

The Three Restored Scenes:
01:12:35:22-01:13:03:10 – Mondo's first close up is now fully unedited.
01:23:12:10-01:23:37:15 – Indio's laugh is now fully unedited.
02:40:06:11-02:42:02:07 – The beating scene restored in its full unedited form.

Color 132 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
Screen legends Clint Eastwood (High Plains Drifter) and Lee Van Cleef (Death Rides a Horse) co-star as two rival bounty hunters who join forces to bring murderous bandit El Indio (Gian Maria Volontè, A Fistful of Dollars) and his vicious gang of criminals to justice. But all is not as it seems in this explosive second installment of Sergio Leone’s legendary “Man with No Name” trilogy that blasted off with A Fistful of Dollars and concluded with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Spiced with blistering gun battles, jailbreaks, bank holdups and a sardonic sense of humor, For a Few Dollars More features a haunting score by the masterful Ennio Morricone (A Fistful of Dynamite) and a stellar cast that includes spaghetti western legends Mario Brega (A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die), Luigi Pistilli (Cold Sweat), Aldo Sambrell (Navajo Joe) and Klaus Kinski (The Great Silence).

View attachment 130578
I thought for sure they would use the US UA Poster for the slipcase. :confused: Will the inside have double sided art work ?
AAAforafewDOLMORE.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks