What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (20 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanksgiving Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

White Woman (1933)
Starring Carole Lombard, Charles Laughton, Charles Bickford & Kent Taylor – Shot by Harry Fischbeck (The Eagle and the Hawk) – Screenplay by Samuel Hoffenstein (Love Me Tonight) & Gladys Lehman (Death Takes a Holiday) – Based on a Play by Norman Reilly Raine (The Life of Emile Zola) & Frank Butler (Wake Island) – Directed by Stuart Walker (Mystery of Edwin Drood, Werewolf of London).

259657250_4650825458307658_725118010434333648_n.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

Time Out of Mind (1947) Starring Phyllis Calvert, Robert Hutton, Ella Raines, Eddie Albert & Leo G. Carroll – Shot by Maury Gertsman (Red Ball Express) – Music by Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco (And Then There Were None) & Miklós Rózsa (The Lost Weekend) – Screenplay by Abem Finkel (Sergeant York) & Arnold Lipp (Pickup) – Based on a Novel by Rachel Field (All This, and Heaven Too) – Directed by Robert Siodmak (The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross).

260203659_4650829284973942_8986136016069579767_n.jpg

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
My guess for the major MGM 4K announcement is "The Apartment" unless its another Criterion blu ray that goes to Kino for 4K release.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Coming Soon on Blu-ray!
Brand New 2K Master!

Time Out of Mind (1947) Starring Phyllis Calvert, Robert Hutton, Ella Raines, Eddie Albert & Leo G. Carroll – Shot by Maury Gertsman (Red Ball Express) – Music by Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco (And Then There Were None) & Miklós Rózsa (The Lost Weekend) – Screenplay by Abem Finkel (Sergeant York) & Arnold Lipp (Pickup) – Based on a Novel by Rachel Field (All This, and Heaven Too) – Directed by Robert Siodmak (The Suspect, The Spiral Staircase, The Killers, Cry of the City, Criss Cross).

View attachment 119839
Will be really pleased to get this. Never released on DVD and an excellent part score by Miklos Rozsa.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Thanksgiving Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Brand New 2K Master!

White Woman (1933)
Starring Carole Lombard, Charles Laughton, Charles Bickford & Kent Taylor – Shot by Harry Fischbeck (The Eagle and the Hawk) – Screenplay by Samuel Hoffenstein (Love Me Tonight) & Gladys Lehman (Death Takes a Holiday) – Based on a Play by Norman Reilly Raine (The Life of Emile Zola) & Frank Butler (Wake Island) – Directed by Stuart Walker (Mystery of Edwin Drood, Werewolf of London).

259657250_4650825458307658_725118010434333648_n.jpg

I adore this film. Precode doesn't get much sleazier than this.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I adore this film. Precode doesn't get much sleazier than this.
Great to know. I've never seen it, or even heard of it, other than a title in various filmographies. But I'm definitely getting it. That poster is awesome.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Fragment of Fear (1970)
Starring David Hemmings, Gayle Hunnicutt, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Flora Robson & Adolfo Celi – Shot by Oswald Morris (Fiddler on the Roof) – Screenplay by Paul Dehn (Goldfinger) – Directed by Richard C. Sarafian (Vanishing Point).

260690550_4650832521640285_4613465515527462115_n.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thanks to Kino, I’m in on Fragment Of Fear. It’s a sadly not well known mystery thriller that I’ve found it to be enjoyable but IMHO it has the worst score for a mystery. David Hemings delivers a fine Performance.

I’m positive the price point will much better than the region free Indicator UK release, but without the massive extras it had.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on Blu-ray!

Fragment of Fear (1970)
Starring David Hemmings, Gayle Hunnicutt, Wilfrid Hyde-White, Flora Robson & Adolfo Celi – Shot by Oswald Morris (Fiddler on the Roof) – Screenplay by Paul Dehn (Goldfinger) – Directed by Richard C. Sarafian (Vanishing Point).

260690550_4650832521640285_4613465515527462115_n.jpg
I saw that film but can't remember anything about it! I didn't realise Indicator released it some years ago.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I saw that film but can't remember anything about it! I didn't realise Indicator released it some years ago.
It's one of those films which doesn't have a proper ending. It's a good exercise in suspense but without a sensible conclusion, it's empty and meaningless.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon on 4KUHD!

Brand New Dolby Vision HDR Master!

Paths of Glory (1957)
Starring Kirk Douglas, Ralph Meeker, Adolphe Menjou, George Macready, Joe Turkel, Wayne Morris, Richard Anderson, Timothy Carey & Christiane Kubrick (Susanne Christian) – Shot by Georg Krause (Man on a Tightrope) – Music by Gerald Fried (Killer’s Kiss) – Screenplay by Stanley Kubrick, Calder Willingham (The Graduate) & Jim Thompson (The Getaway) – Based on a Novel by Humphrey Cobb (San Quentin) – Produced by Stanley Kubrick, Kirk Douglas & James B. Harris (Lolita) - Directed by Stanley Kubrick (The Killing, 2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining).

261094232_4650835618306642_121518199022339152_n.jpg

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Can anybody tell me where to find a good synopsis of Fragment of Fear? This blurb caught my attention, and I checked on wikipedia and others, but not a one gives spoilers for the ending? Can somebody point me in the right direction?
==jthree

rdimucci

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert DiMucci
Can anybody tell me where to find a good synopsis of Fragment of Fear? This blurb caught my attention, and I checked on wikipedia and others, but not a one gives spoilers for the ending? Can somebody point me in the right direction?
==jthree

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming February 8th!
PRE-ORDER NOW!
https://www.kinolorber.com/product/the-antichrist-special-edition-aka-the-tempter-blu-ray

The Antichrist (1974) L’Anticristo
• Brand New 4K Restoration by StudioCanal
Raising Hell: Featurette with Director/Co-Writer Alberto De Martino and Composer Ennio Morricone
• NEW Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Lee Gambin and Film Critic Sally Christie
• TV Spot
• THE TEMPTER Opening Credits (SD)
• Reversible THE TEMPTER Art
• Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
• Trailers
• Includes English and Italian 2.0 Audio
• Optional English Subtitles

Color 112 Minutes 1.85:1 UNRATED
It’s The Exorcist, Italian style, in this Satanic shocker from director Alberto De Martino (Shadows in an Empty Room). In Rome, a beautiful young woman (Carla Gravina, Alfredo, Alfredo) is left paralyzed by the trauma of a horrific childhood accident. But when placed under hypnosis, she is seized by visions of her past life as a heretic and becomes a foul-mouthed seductress with a taste for perversion that leads to her defilement by Satan himself. Now, mankind’s only hope for salvation is a harrowing exorcism that will either cast out the Devil forever or open the door for the unspeakable birth of the Antichrist! Mel Ferrer (Nightmare City), Arthur Kennedy (Killer Cop), George Coulouris (Citizen Kane), Alida Valli (Suspiria), Umberto Orsini (Violent City) and Anita Strindberg (Almost Human) round out the cast of this puke-spewing cult classic, with cinematography by Eurosleaze king Joe D’Amato (Beyond the Darkness) and music by maestros Ennio Morricone (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) and Bruno Nicolai (A Full Day’s Work). Experience The Antichrist, also known as The Tempter, in all its uncut—and unholy—glory!

Antichrist.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Coming February 1st!
PRE-ORDER NOW!

Where There’s Life (1947)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Bob Hope Trailers
• Optional English Subtitles

B&W 75 Minutes 1.37:1 Not Rated
Comedy legend Bob Hope (The Ghost Breakers, Road to Morocco) teams up with director Sidney Lanfield (My Favorite Blonde, The Lemon Drop Kid) for the rollicking comedy-thriller Where There’s Life. Hope stars as Michael Valentine, a timid New York radio personality who has his world turned upside down when he is named the long-lost heir to a far-away kingdom. He soon becomes the target of spies, kidnapping, death plots and two determined women: his ex-fiancée (Vera Marshe, The Crimson Key) and General Grimovitch (Signe Hasso, The House on 92nd Street), a beautiful blonde militant who’s trying to get him safely to his new country. Meanwhile, his ex’s Manhattan cop brothers and revolutionaries from his new “kingdom” are all out to get him! Featuring a perfect blend of comedy and action, this classic showcases Bob Hope in top form and co-stars William Bendix (Lifeboat), George Coulouris (Citizen Kane) and George Zucco (The Cat and the Canary).

View attachment 119599
The film ranked 35th for the year and grossed 3 million in domestic box office keeping Hope alive at the Box Office!

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
KLSC Best Selling 4KUHD Releases:

1. The Silence of the Lambs (released 10/19/21)
2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (released 4/27/21)
3. Mad Max (released 11/24/20)
4. Hannibal (released 4/30/19)
5. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (released 11/23/21)
6. Spaceballs (released 4/13/21)
7. Misery (released 10/12/21)

4K_UltraHD_500x500-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks