What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (28 Viewers)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Saturday’s Announcement

Coming Soon!
Brand New 4K Restoration!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Line of Demarcation (1966)
Starring Jean Seberg, Maurice Ronet and Stéphane Audran – Shot by Jean Rabier (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) – Music by Pierre Jansen (Les Bonnes Femmes) – Screenplay by Claude Chabrol and Colonel Rémy (The Black Monocle) – Directed by Claude Chabrol (The Champagne Murders).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!
First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!

Line of Demarcation (1966) Starring Jean Seberg, Maurice Ronet and Stéphane Audran – Shot by Jean Rabier (The Umbrellas of Cherbourg) – Music by Pierre Jansen (Les Bonnes Femmes) – Screenplay by Claude Chabrol and Colonel Rémy (The Black Monocle) – Directed by Claude Chabrol (The Champagne Murders).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am wondering if, now that LADYBUG LADYBUG has been announced, whether the Frank Perry-Universal film PLAY IT AS IT LAYS with Tuesday Weld and Anthony Perkins might be in the future? You people at Kino are great about bringing out obscure but delightful films, and this would be one of those, and I know you have a deal going with Universal.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I remember seeing Chabrol's LINE OF DEMARCATION back in 1970 during the Chabrol Retrospective @ MOMA. A really unusual and extraordinary film. I can't wait to see it again, especially because Chabrol's best period, from the late 60's to mid 70's, is so underrepresented on Blu-Ray.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ok so i am a glutton for punishment of my wallet, Kino June Swoon, B&N Criterion and Arrow sale, plus some WAC titles that just needed ordered the day they became available.

So i remember the insider saying that everything was going to be on sale i think sometime in July, anybody have an idea of the start date? :D

Reactions: PMF

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
ok so i am a glutton for punishment of my wallet, Kino June Swoon, B&N Criterion and Arrow sale, plus some WAC titles that just needed ordered the day they became available.

So i remember the insider saying that everything was going to be on sale i think sometime in July, anybody have an idea of the start date? :D

July 22nd... ends Aug 4th.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming Soon!

Clockwise (1986) Starring John Cleese and Alison Steadman – Shot by John Coquillon (Straw Dogs) – Music by George Fenton (The Fisher King) – Written by Michael Frayn (Noises Off…) – Directed by Christopher Morahan (Diamonds for Breakfast).

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming out September 3rd from Kino Lorber!

Two films from director Yorgos Lanthimos

Dogtooth (2009) - DVD and Blu-ray
Alps (2011) - Blu-ray

Dogtooth Special Features
*NEW audio commentary with stars Angeliki Papoulia and Christos Passalis
*NEW discussion between Yorgos Lanthimos and Kent Jones (courtesy of Film at Lincoln Center)
*Interview with Yorgos Lanthimos
*Deleted Scenes
*Trailers

Alps
Special Features
*NEW audio commentary by film critic Amy Simmons
*Trailers

Dogtooth_BR.jpg

Alps_BR.jpg

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip

Probably the day after you've made your purchases from all the other sales.;)

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Coming out September 3rd from Kino Lorber!

Two films from director Yorgos Lanthimos

Dogtooth (2009) - DVD and Blu-ray
Alps (2011) - Blu-ray

Dogtooth Special Features
*NEW audio commentary with stars Angeliki Papoulia and Christos Passalis
*NEW discussion between Yorgos Lanthimos and Kent Jones (courtesy of Film at Lincoln Center)
*Interview with Yorgos Lanthimos
*Deleted Scenes
*Trailers

Alps
Special Features
*NEW audio commentary by film critic Amy Simmons
*Trailers

View attachment 60373
View attachment 60372
So Alps is an upgrade to BD; however, is Dogtooth an updated transfer along with the new extras?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Back in Nov 2017 from a poster named Drake2222
"What about Cabiria (1914). I think Kino originally released that on dvd years back, would love to have in on blu."
Kino replied:
"We would like to release the film if we or one of our partners could find the needed film elements."
I attempted to find out about this and contacted Daniele Tinti, Coordinator at the National Museum of Cinema/Turin and Fondazione Maria Adriana Prolo, she replied on 2/2/18:
"Unfortunately, at the moment the release of Cabiria is still among our future, ambitious projects." This Turin Museum holds the restored elements that highlighted the 2006 Cannes Film Festival. What a dream release it would be! Contact email is: [email protected]

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray September 17th from Kino Lorber!

Pasolini
A film by Abel Ferrara
Starring Willem Dafoe

"Singularly poetic." - Los Angeles Times

Special Features:
*A conversation between Abel Ferrara and Willem Dafoe about the life and work of Pier Paolo Pasolini
*Behind-the-Scenes documentary
*Booklet essay by film historian Brad Stevens
*Theatrical trailer

Pasolini_BR.jpg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Coming July 16th on DVD and BD!

Mumford (1999) with optional English subtitles
• NEW Interview with Director Lawrence Kasdan
• Making-of Featurette
• 5.1 and 2.0 Audio Options
• Theatrical Trailer

Color 111 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated R
From writer/director Lawrence Kasdan, the creator Body Heat, The Big Chill, Silverado, The Accidental Tourist and Grand Canyon. When a wanna-be psychologist, curiously named Mumford (Loren Dean, Space Cowboys) comes to the idyllic town of the same name, he offers his talent for listening and a disarming frankness as the town’s quirkiest citizens scramble for a seat on his couch. As he lightens hearts darkened by old secrets—including those of the beautiful and troubled Sofie Crisp (Hope Davis, About Schmidt)—no one realizes he’s hiding a whopper of his own, or that he’s fallen head over heels for one of his patients. Filled with personality disorders, surprises, offbeat alliances and some hilarious fantasies, Mumford is just what the laugh doctor ordered. The wonderful cast includes Jason Lee (Chasing Amy), Mary McDonnell (Dances with Wolves), David Paymer (Get Shorty), Martin Short (¡Three Amigos!), Pruitt Taylor Vince (Wild at Heart), Alfre Woodard (Cross Creek), Jane Adams (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Priscilla Barnes (TV’s Three’s Company), Ted Danson (TV’s Cheers), Zooey Deschanel (500 Days of Summer), Elisabeth Moss (TV’s The Handmaid’s Tale), Robert Stack (Airplane!) and Kevin Tighe (Road House).

View attachment 58077

I've never seen Mumford, but it looks interesting!
My Home Theater Forum review of Mumford is now live!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Let me add my thank you to KL for giving us Ladybug, Ladybug, just a fantastic film that I'm surprised has not been remembered as one of the best Cold War dramas. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray September 17th from Kino Classics!

2-Disc Special Edition

THE CHANT OF JIMMIE BLACKSMITH (1978)
A film by Fred Schepisi
Starring Tommy Lewis

"The one great Australian film I've seen." - Pauline Kael, The New Yorker

Disc 1:
International Version (117 minutes)
*Interview with director Fred Schepisi and DP Ian Baker
*Interview with star Tommy Lewis
*Trailer

Disc 2
Australian Version (122 minutes)
Audio commentary by Fred Schepisi
Introduction by Fred Schepisi

Booklet essay by film critic Peter Tonguette

ChantJimmieBlacksmith_BR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks