What's new

Kingpin! (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Kingpin, the epitomy of high art and high drama. Boy they sure don't make'em like this anymore. Uh.....okay, maybe not. But I found this movie hilarious. Yes, it was vulgar. But I've rarely laughed this hard before, and nowadays I never come close to laughing the way I did during this film. I saw this film tonight and wondered what were some thoughts on it.

Does anyone find this movie as funny as I do, or is it just an exercise in vulgarity?

By the way, Vanessa Angel is worth the price of admission in this film. Great comedy from the Farrelly brothers, that is far funnier than Dumb and Dumber.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Excellent gross out funny film. The hair on Bill Murray's character's hair deserved a special billing all of its own.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
"I can figure out some things for myself."
:D
Yes, the hair on Murray and Harrelson's head at the final match was hilarious stuff. Michael Keaton was originally slated to play this part, but pulled out to star in Multiplicity. After Harrelson, I can't imagine him not playing the part. And Keaton wouldn't have been as good as Woody in this kind of role.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
A funny movie IMO also! By the way, has anyone had a chance to listen to the commentary? Apparently the brothers' track on There's Something About Mary was awful.
Ditto on Bill Muarray's hair being one of the best things about it.:laugh: :laugh:

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
This movie slays me. I think the bit that gets me rolling every time is Harrelson in the snake shop. No matter how many times I see it, it always gets me.
Big Earn's charity commercial is awesome also:
Little Kid: "Sometimes when I wake up, he's already here!"
I think Kingpin is by far the brothers' best.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Man, this movie is VERY funny.
When I had a bowling class in college one of the questions on one of the quizzes was to name a professional bowler. I put Big Earn! I actually got extra credit for being funny :D
-Marshall

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
The movie is very funny, but the fact that you had a written quiz in a bowling class in college is way funnier :)

Pete D

Agent
I agree. I loved Dumb & Dumber, but I thought this was a lot funnier. It's very under-appreciated in the world of Farrely Brothers movies.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I loved this movie. I still have to place it behind Dumb & Dumber (favorite Farley Brother's flick) but not far.
I still get bad flashbacks whenever I look in my rearview mirror. :D

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
This is probably my favorite Farrely movie next to THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY. The last shot of the Amish folk waving goodbye is unforgettable!:laugh:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
This is a great movie. It's also interesting to watch the censored version on Comedy Central. When Roy's car breaks down, the gas attendent says that there's 'something in your tank' instead of sugar!?

There are other odd dubbings too.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Don't forget to do your tongue exercises guys.

And yes, Vanessa and the refrigerator....oh momma,.....

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
I love Kingpin, but the movie would have been nothing without Bill Murray as Big Earn. I think it was Bill Murray's best comedic performance ever. My favorite line has got to be Big Earn's "Your on a Gravy Train with biscuit wheels." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sheldon C

Second Unit
WHAT DID I JUST SAY? "I think I tore my sack?"
"Hey everybody, there's a huge shit-storm comin'!!
Don't forget about Randy Quaids performance!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks