What's new

kevin costner movies (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
dance with wolves. i watched it 12 years ago in a theater, and i thought that the movie was reaaaaally great. it introduced me to kevin costner.

but you know what? i am dissapointed with his other movies. revenge, waterworld, tin cup and post man, thats it, i am not gonna watch any of his movie any more. i hate movies that still cant be enjoyed even tough i had turned my brain off.

Guy_K

Second Unit
I really enjoyed some of his early work. Field of Dreams, and Dances With Wolves are among my favorites. JFK, and Untouchables were very enjoyable as well. Ever since then, I haven't found a good Costner performance / film. I liked For Love of the Game though, but I'm a big baseball fan so that might be a factor.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Bull Durham is worthwhile, too.

His earlier stuff (Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, The Untouchables, Dances with Wolves) is much better than his more recent work.

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
I guess I somewhat consider myself a Costner fan, for some reason I enjoy the guys work even if it is wooden. I wasnt too big on Waterworld or Postman but I thought Tin Cup was actually one of his best films in the past few years. And I really love For Love of the Game . His accent in Thirteen Days though did give me tired head.
That being said, he could definitly pick his roles better. Or even do some smaller roles and supporting stuff ala Alec Baldwin.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
My problem with Costner is I do not like him,but for some reason I really enjoy films he is in.One of my all time favorites is Robin Hood,I really like/enjoy Water World,The Postman and who does not like Dances with Wolves?

One of those things you have to get into my head to understand...Just wish I could get in there and figure it out.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I will always enjoy Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and I can't wait for the SE disc that Morgan Creek is putting out. :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I'm a big Costner fan as well. He just has a decent presence on screen. I like his personality.

JFK: Didn't see all of it. What I saw was good.

Postman: Better than I thought it would be.

Tin Cup: For some reason, I love this movie! It's fun.

For the Love of the Game: I'm not a big fan of the flashback style movie, but it was decent. Kelly Preston. Yeah baby.

Dances with Wolves: Excellent, of course.

Waterworld: Haven't seen it.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Costner has been in some great flims, the only real problem I have is he has no range as an actor (IMHO) he's the same darn guy movie after movie...

Paul D Young

Second Unit
My favorite Kevin Costner movie is A Perfect World. I don't really have much of an opinion about his more recent movies as most of them didn't really appeal to me. But before 1993, I used to see all his movies. Now I look back and I'm not too interested in them. But A Perfect World lives on.

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

JFK and Dances With Wolves are easily in my top 50 favorite films of all time -- but I won't touch anything subsequent to those two with a 10-foot pole.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I own three Costner films: Waterworld, JFK, and The Untouchables.

I think he comes across too weak, but I did like the films listed above.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
My favorites are:
Dances with Wolves
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (can't wait to get rid of this flipper disc for the SE)
Tin Cup
The only recent one I've seen of his has been 13 Days and even though I saw it on a plane I thought it was pretty good. But I was also flying first class for the first time so that might have helped. :D

Mark Hobbs

Stunt Coordinator
13 Days is not a bad movie. Not terribly exciting either, but good for a rental. Costner isn't bad in it. He does seem to choose bad movies though. I saw him on Leno a while back and he was really honest about how hard it has been to get good roles lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks