What's new

Kenwood HTB 505 Receiver (1 Viewer)

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Does the receiver which comes with the Kenwood HTB 505 automatically detect the correct source being played? By this I mean, if you set it to DPL II while watching cable TV and you decide to play a DVD with DD or DTS, will the receiver automatically switch to DD or DTS to match the sound track on the DVD?

Walt H

Stunt Coordinator
Correction....I realize you have to select DTS in the DVD Menu, however will the receiver automatically switch to DD?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If the DVD is using the digital connection, it should default to Dolby, but it should know the difference between DD and DTS signals when it sees them.

If the cable is also using a digital connection, it should do the same, but if you are using analog for the TV, it won't matter. Yes it should auto detect analog sources, though it may not automatically select PL-II (mine just uses the last mode for the source selected). I do not have experience with the specific receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks