Kenwood 7080

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Atmun, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Atmun

Atmun Auditioning

I am thinking about getting the Kenwood 7080 reciver with paradigm atom series speakers. I wanted to know if the 7080 is a good reciver, what are its ups and downs? Also if i could just use 5.1 even tho its made for 6.1.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Try doing a search on it because there was some info on it & some info on S&V's Test Report on it. If I remember right the watts were nowhere what Kenwood claims & there was a big difference between the measured watts of this years model & last years model for some reason.

3. Rik P

Rik P Stunt Coordinator

If you can pick-up a November Sound&Vision they did a two page report on it.

I've had the 7080 since last April and really love it. The DTS Neo-6 works great for two channel source.
    The remote is awesome the only problem is no macro function but works all my equipment and every one that sees it loves it. It is basically a "Kamelon" remote that can be found at rat-shack.
    The reciver has a warm sound (great for HT). Have tried with different speakers and I seem to like the sound better with Sats or bright speakers.

Rick