What's new

Ken Jennings returns to Jeopardy (1 Viewer)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I know Win Ben Stein's Money was a show on Comedy Central because I watch sometimes but it was on the same time as Wheel of Fortune and I'll watch that over that. I heard that Ken Jennings game show will similiar to Win Ben Stein's Money...

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I can't believe only one of those guys knew the Final Jeopardy question from last night. I knew it right away. However, I don't think I would have made it into the final round. The questions the past two nights have been brutal.

This has been fun to watch.

Peace,

DM

Eric C D

Second Unit
Wasn't able to watch - what was the question - errr, answer.... (you know, the thing they are supposed to figure out, not what they responded)?

OK, let me put my dunce cap on now. :)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Going in the last day, Brad leads by $12,400 over Ken.
The 2-day totals are:
Jerome: $19,600
Ken: $26,000
Brad: $38,400

At the end of Double Jeopardy, single-day totals are:Jerome: $8,300
Ken: $9,400 (max winnings = $18,800+26,000 = $44,800)
Brad: $23,600 (be smart, bet 0 = $23,600+$38,400 = $62,000 = untouchable)

Final Clue:
These names of 2 original Mercury astronauts, who orbited Earth in May 1962 & May '63, are also occupations.

Answer:Who are Cooper and Carpenter?
Only Brad got it right, but bet nothing.
Jerome finishes with $20,600 --> $250,000
Ken finishes with $34,599 --> $500,000
Brad finishes with $62,000 --> $2,000,000

Eric C D

Second Unit
Wow!

Thanks, as I wasn't going to be able to watch it tonight.

I'll bet the other two said Shephard and Carpenter. I never would have been able to figure out the correction from the dates, and didn't get the "orbit" part to stop thinking of Shephard.

Thanks again.

P.S. I'm glad I used preview as I originally put my spoily stuff in "quotes" rather than "spoiler" - oops!

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Eric,

The final answer on Tuesday was something to the effect of "This 50's Hollywood movie mogul is best known for monuments which have drawn protest in recent years." (this is not verbatim)

Question: "Who was Cecil B Demile?"

The catagory was pretty nebulous, so I'm not surprised the bets were not huge. I was just real surprised only one of them got it

Thanks for the spoilers guys. I have yet to watch tonight's show.

Peace,

DM

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I wonder if Ken was at a disadvantage from not having to play in the qualifying rounds. He did look a little rusty, tho in the second game, he had a big, "what the hell?" look on his face. I don't blame him.

That being said, Brad was pretty darn good, and a worthy challenger to Ken.

Jason

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Ken Jennings come up against someone who really humbled him. In the third round Brad just crushed him. And while Ken won more in his marathon run (plus the $500,000 from this tourney),Brad has won more overall than Ken or anyone else on Jeopardy, (well over $3,000,000).
Jared was the underdog and I was glad to see him walk away with $250,000.

Eric C D

Second Unit

I'm willing to be "humbled" on national TV by Ken and Brad for that amount. :D

Congrats to all of them - lucky they are all to be able to play a game for that kind of stakes (even for third place).

enjoy,

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
Brad was impressive and KenJen was very graceful, as I'd expect. This was some good game show tv...maybe Brad can come back eventually and see how long he could last in regular games?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks