What's new

Kef ci-160q in ceiling speakers with a Panasonic home theatre system. (1 Viewer)

Bobyracing

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark boby
Hi.Sorry but I'm a novice at home theatre.I have acquired for free 4 kef ci160q in ceiling speakers which when I've looked online are pretty expensive new.My question is can I use these speakers with an old 5.1 Panasonic home theatre system I have. Laying around.I have hooked up the 4 kef speakers all on the ground for now along with the subwoofer and centre speaker from the Panasonic bt200 home theatre system and all sounds pretty good.What I have worrying noticed is the fuse in the kef speakers glowing and dimming when the volume is up really high..Being a novice I'm unsure if these kef speakers are even meant to be used in home theatre systems or run by proper amplifiers.Any advice would be fantastic.Cheers.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
According to Panasonic's specs on their website, the SA-BT200 is pushing 3 ohm speakers. The KEF speakers are 8ohm. This "should" work but don't expect miracles. I personally wouldn't do it but I doubt it will harm anything.

Bobyracing

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark boby
Many thanks for your reply.I couldn't tell any difference listening to the kef speakers and the original Panasonic ones so was a bit disappointed with the kef ones considering how much they would have been new.Your explanatio of the ohm value explains why the kef ones are no better then.Thankyou.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks