What's new

JVC Remote Control Questions!! (1 Viewer)

brianSCH

Auditioning
I have a JVC HR-S9600U VCR that really rocks!! It's gold in color and want to buy a matching JVC DVD player. Question 1) Can I program my VCR remote to work on the DVD player or also the DVD remote to control the VCR?? I know the remote says they can be programmed to control a TV, but how about another JVC product?? Specifically will the D723GD DVD remote with the jog-shuttle on it be able to control the jog-shuttle feature on my VCR??
Question 2) Will any JVC DVD remote work on any JVC DVD player or are they designed for that specific player??

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
1) I have the same vcr and a late-model JVC dvd player, and this cannot be done. The remotes can each control their own device and a tv, but not other non-tv devices.

2) Usually any remote will control any player of the same model year and type. A single disc player remote won't change discs on a changer, however.

Have you looked into any of the popular 3rd party universal remotes? Many of these can be setup to control all devices in your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks