What's new

Just Ordered 6.1 Diva Package!! (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Now I'm wondering what receiver I should marry it with? I have an Onyko575 older model number(about 3 years old) Will this be good enough or should I look into a Denon2802 or Outlaw1050 or similar. After that it is all SVS from there.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Hey Joel, congratulations on your purchase. I am looking at doing the same thing. What exactly did you order? Let us know how it sounds.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I am in the same boat, I have the Divas 6.1's, C3 and 2.1's. Right now I am powering them with a Sony STR-DE 845 while I wait for my 47TX. The Sony is doing an ok job right now so I think the Onkyo will be of for a while.

The only thing to do is try your receiver when your Divas come in. I would go with the Denon instead of the Outlaw only because the Denon has newer features built into it.

PomingF

Second Unit
The Onkyo should tie you over just fine for now. As for new receiver, get the formats/features you want and look for one with preamp outs so you can add amps later on to make those 6.1's sing better.

PF

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
I will be marrying mine with a Yamaha 2095 with separate amps; a Yamaha M80, Yamaha M85, and a Carver TFM 24. I have been living with substandard speakers for oh so long. I am surprised I waited so long to upgrade. Can't tell you what speakers I have now because I am embarassed but they start with a "B".

PomingF

Second Unit
Yeah, Mark with the limited & expensive real estate in Tokyo I can understand your love for those small cubes but hope not for long when you decide to upgrade to the Diva's. :)
PF

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Well it kills me to say that I received an E-mail from AV123 that they will not ship my 6.1 Package until June. Reviews will be in at that time. Another E-mail from another online store stating that the Onyko696 is discontinuedand they can not ship. I will get the Denon2802(Heard horror stories about the manual though) and im getting the dual SVS 25-31CS+ Love getting new credit cards with 0% interest for 6 months.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I feel your pain Joel. I have been waiting for my receiver (Pionerr Elite 47TX)for over 3 weeks now and I am starting to get impatient. Good thing I at least have a receiver right now or I would go mad.

One thing for sure though, the Divas are totally worth the wait. I have the 6.1's, C3 and 2.1's and I can tell you that these speakers rock, even with my current el cheapo receiver that I am running them with.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
I have an older 575 Onyko and Bose Austi10 so I hear at least a little sound from them. I remember when I was getting into home audio and got suckered into buying those. I just hope my receiver gets here before my dual SVS 25-31 with the sampson amp I have no preouts so it would just sit there and be sad :frowning: Then it would be so funny running a Denon 2802 and dual SVS 25-31 with my Bose until those amazing looking Diva's come in. June is a LONG way off. I wish it were all here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks