What's new

Speaker cable Recommendation for 12' run (1 Viewer)

OK, not to start a flame war, but after reading this forum I have been upgrading my system. I used to be 90% HT and 10% music. But with the reinvigorated joy of my new receiver and soon to follow speakers, I see the mix as 70/30. First was an Onkyo 797, getting ready to order a Diva package (leaning towards the 6.1’s, C3, R3) and a SVS plus sub. Now after reading many, many posts on speaker cables, I am really not sure what to do. My current system has 12 gauge copper wire that is not long enough for my new setup. It appears to be a religious war on if high priced cables make a difference. My engineering background would leave me to believe the cable resistance, impedance, etc are insignificant when compared to the overall every changing values of resistance impedance etc of the binding posts, amp wiring and internal speaker coil wiring when the system is being used. But after reading this forum, some very senior forum members do believe that you can hear a difference between speaker cables.
Can anyone point me to some reputable review on the internet that shows the results of a blind or double blind test. I don’t want to shortchange my system if a set of $100 to $150 wire make a noticeable difference. I just have a very hard time to find any hard evidence that all these claims are scientifically supportable. Thanks,

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, Pascal gave you an good link I usually give to folks. Here is another link to an interesting thread on the subject.
Nick
EDIT: URL is too long, will not copy properly here it seems.
Link Removed^[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks