What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Just jumped into the Hi - Rez market... sort of. (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,

Have you checked out www.deepdiscountdvd.com for DVD-Audio prices? They have the Fleetwood Mac Rumours DVD-Audio for $12.62 US Dollars. They don't have a huge selection but they do have a few. The search feature can be a little bit frustrating though. Some titles will show up when you type in "DVD-Audio" but for some you will have to type in the exact name of the artist or album for it to show up. I am not sure if they ship to Canada though. This site just had a 20% off sale a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck with your setup. I hope everything works out to your satisfaction.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again everybody. The differences are becoming more noticable and I'm going to continue to play around with the settings and just listen to the music for another couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
After much more listening and re-listening, I am convinced of the sonic superiority of the two hi-res formats. I am also convinced that the quality of the recording process can vary greatly, just like redbook cd's.

I think I'll be returning the Pioneer 578a and perhaps try out a Marantz or Denon, something with a more reasonable crossover and individual speaker level controls.

Thanks for reading,

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks