What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Just how some people are........ (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Wait, Adil, I just want to be clear, here, you calibrated all of your friends equipment of your own accord and then charged him? That's hilarious! :laugh:

I know what you mean about "the urge", I do it all the time. I think it comes from the fact that you have experienced the greatness of HT and you want to pass that gift along to others, perfectly understandable. :emoji_thumbsup:

Does anyone else do this, you walk into someone's house and automatically start mentally sizing the room up for where the HT would be if it were your house? I do that on a constant basis, I just can't help it. :laugh:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Wendy,
you've got yourself a date.

I've never been on a date with a pair of speakers before, it sounds cool, especially if they have enormous...woofers.

We tech geeks who frequent websites such as this for our entertainment, really will be checking back in to see any posted pics of these woofers....and any info of possible improvements to Wendy's equipment........:D

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Adil, I have to ask as well, your friend let you spend the night at his house for whatever reason & in the middle of the night you got up and recalibrated & rewired his HT of your own volition, without his permission....and you seriously tried to charge him for it?

No offence but if that had been me, I would have said "F**K you pal, that was your choice, not mine". You know? :D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
My buddy had a huge LCD screen which was grossly out of whack. The green was way out of line with the rest of the picture. Green shadows everywhere. He also had it in "stretch" mode. He mentioned something about needing a new TV. Try as I might I could not get the remote from him and he was evasive when I suggested I could fix it.

Next morning when I woke my kids were watching TV on it and everyone else was asleep so I fixed it. BUT I got caught in the act by him! The picture was VASTLY improved but I think he was quietly annoyed. Maybe I ruined his chances of convincing his wife to get a new TV...
Whatever - it was like a compulsion - I couldn't stop myself. I need help!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

:D Yeah well.....I can understand in a way, in my car I have my bass, treble, balance & fade set exactly where I like them and it annoys me to no end when a passenger tries to re-set it where they want it.;)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor

Oh, I've been told my ..... woofers are very impressive.

Are we still talking about speakers now? :D

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I did not "really" charge him, I just told him I would (tongue in cheek.) I was up "backing up" some of his... "overvalued" cd's. I just could not sleep that night and having to use multiple remotes when he had 2 universals was bugging me. 15 minutes later and programmed.
Don't you guys do stuff for friends and tell them the bill is in the mail, you know, joke w/ them. I still didn't have to pay for gas or food that weekend.

I have 2 copies of Avia and 3 SPL's (one is not RadioShack.)
Always one in the glove compartment and services included w/ most installs I have done. I have a copy of Avia and an SPL on loan almost permanently.
(BTW, Thanks to Secrets for the 2nd SPL)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I can definitely sympathize with Donny as I setup almost all my friends, family, and co-workers gear but will get the occasional "rent to own" hometheater expert trying to "educate" me about the formats, connections, etc. I will usually let them speak and slowly destroy each point one by one with some of my friends having impish smiles in the background (been in the hobby for almost 15 years and a participant of forum on this subject at least in the last 10). Why some people can't admit there are others who are more of an expert than themselves about certain topics shows more of their character and reinforces their lack of knowledge further.

Why can't people simply follow the simple, easy to read setup guide that comes with most of these gear instead of blaming the gear for their ignorance? I am not above reading a manual or seeking knowledge from a forum of interest and those that populate it (I lurk so many forums it's not even funny). Why do people think that quality products don't require a little homework?:angry:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Setup Guide? Owners Manual?
Most people think that's just a part of the package stuff. You know, filler. Or to make the merchandise look more impressive.

Cees

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I don't need's no stinkin manual!

I don't need's to stop and ask fer directions! :D

Adil,
using smileys in posts like that is a good idea since without them most posters here thought you were being serious OR were telling a TALL tale. :)

Although I have to ask:

, what does that mean?

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Basically, we kept travelling on to PA that weekend, but let's keep this thread centered on "know-it-all's" and the completely unappreciative.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks