What's new

Just had a new baby (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Anyone over 40 have a baby? It's been 16 years since my twins were born and 17 for my son. What an amazing feeling. 8lbs. 9 oz. 21 inch baby girl.....:D

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Hey, you'll be looking at retiring just about the time she goes to college....DOH!

Congrats

Brent

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
Hey, what's the matter with you. Have you forgotten how hard it was :D.

I have a friend who told me that it took them 10 years to forget how difficult it was. Now they remember :D.

But you're not in that boat right ;).

I have a two year old that have turned my life upsidedown and my marriage into a frenzy so excuse my comments. Your should be easier. They all are easier.

Best to you in the sex department ( I know I haven't gotten any for 3 years ;)) and congrats!!!!!!

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

It's those genes in us. Every so and so decades, you get the urges. Usual your kids have kids to suppress the urges :D. In John's case, his cycle came around a bit early :D.

If he suppressed those urges for a few more years, he would have become a grandfather and have the luxury of playing with a baby without the responsibility :D.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations John. My father-in-law had a baby girl when he was 69. Second wife.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron

Why? Don't want to sound rude (but I'm going to), that's going to be very tough on that little girl, she'll never really get to know her father.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

That scared me too but I figure I have time. My uncle did the same thing. He had a son at 65 and the boy never got to play with him really.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Damned if I know Ron and I think it's pretty screwy too. I asked him if he was going to call the baby, 'Oops'. Only thing I know is he's fairly active, got enough money in the bank, and seems to be doing a good as job as anyone being a father. Not something I'd opt for though.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Congrats! How exciting! :D My baby girl is due in 4 weeks, so I'll be joining you shortly. I'm not 40, though.

Personally, I think 40 is fine to have a child. My parents were 34 and 38 when they had me, and 40 and 44 when they had my brother. They are still alive and kicking, full of energy, and getting ready to enjoy their grandchild. There's a world of difference between 40 and 69 (29 years, actually LOL) that you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your new baby girl. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Melania is a neat name, where does that come from (or what does it mean?)

Congrats to you too Leila. How many kids does this bundle make?

John Alvarez

Screenwriter

The origin is debatable but we heard the name last year. It is now Donald Trumps wife's name.
Congrats Leila and Tim. I am now 42 but very active so I don't think I'll have any problems...;)

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
40 here, and have a youngster. Yep, college right around retirement... but who cares, we'll figure out something. In the meantime, we are having a blast (and, no, I don't mean him blasting around, he's only starting to furniture-cruise...)!

Mike

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Congrats, John! :):emoji_thumbsup:

You do know, though, that karma dictates that she will grow up to want to wear a tux for her yearbook pic, right? ;)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on the new addition. :)

One of my friends is 9 years younger than the next oldest sibling. He has 6 older brothers and sisters which means he has some nieces and nephews that are actually older than he is! He was an "accident", according to his parents. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks