What's new

Just got VOOM on my Dish Network. (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I just got rid of my Dish 921 reciever and got a 942. Major improvement. I also added the Voom channels, and so for it is incredible. The channels may not appeal to everyone, but the MONSTER channel is knocking my socks off. Godzilla movies, Sinbad movies, Vincent Price movies, and this weekend, the "not available on DVD" Monster Squad

I dont mean to sound like a commercial for dish, but it is pretty cool!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yeah, too bad voom crops movies to fill the screen.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
When VOOM was announced for Dish I decided to try it for a while at the $5/month surcharge for the ten channels. I must say that I've been more impressed than I thought I would be and I'm keeping the service. There's enough interesting material there to satisfy a variety of tastes, from movies to animation to concerts to travelogs, etc. And the quality of the sound generally matches the quality of the video signal.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I miss my VoOm, now you guys are seeing some of the benefits we had. Dish even compresses the signal too, voOm was the best HD provider there was.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I dont really understand their habit of cropping SOME movies. The other day Godzilla vs Monster Zero was on, cropped from 2.35:1 down to 1.78:1, then a couple days later, they showed Son of Godzilla in the proper 2.35:1. At least sometimes they get it right, but I wonder what reasoning is behind the inconsistency?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Monsters is the only Channel I'm interested in that was on VOOM, How can that channel stay on the air if it's only on that single tier. Any plans on MonsterHD to roll out to cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks