What's new

Just got my HT have some questions (1 Viewer)

JasonG

Agent
Hi all

Just bought a Sony Wega 32" FS and a Yamaha home theater system. I have a couple of questions. The first one is regarding the subwoofer. Where is the best location for it. Right now I have it behind the couch. Also how do you know what volume you should have it at. Because right now it seems to be to overpowering if you know what I mean. Also when you are getting all the speakers to be the same volume is there a recommended volume for them all to be set at. Should the center channel be louder since the dialog mostly comes from there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
what you need to do is go to Rackshack and get yourself an SPL meter then use it to set your speakers using the test tone so that they all achieve the same volume at your listening position.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
And while you are at it, pick up a copy of AVIA, Video Essentials, or Sound & Vision. Use one of these disks to generate the test tones for each of your speakers and this will help you to properly set up the level of each speaker inclusing the sub. They are also available to set up your display device settings (hue, colour, sharpness etc) as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks