What's new

Just bought my new sub. (1 Viewer)

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
After listening to them I went with the JBL PB10 sub but got a couple questions since I got the floor model, and got no manual.
1. There is a switch for LFE or normal which one do I want? (will be using this with surround speakers BTW)
2. Another switch with phase which can be either 0 or 180 which do I want?
3. Crossover frequency dial which can go from 50hz-150hz
4. Also anyone with this sub know what I would use to plug it to the reciever? It says for LFE use L or R, and in that case would I use input or output?
With this sub I will be using the energy C-1 bookshelves with the corresponding center channel.

TerryHenson

Agent
1. LFE if your receiver has "sub out" terminal.
2. 0 to start.. can try 180 if sound is boomy or lacking
3. bypass crossover or set to max
4. 75 ohm rca (component/composite) cable
5. input side.. either R or L. If one is marked mono, use it.

Would highly recommend the standard radio shack spl meter and set up disk like Avia or Video Essentials to calibrate your sub and the rest of your speakers.

Terry

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks I got the cable Iam just not sure which part on the sub I should put it since there are like 5+ spots. Also my reciever does have a sub out so should I use this and go with LFE? If so would I go input or output when pluging into the sub thanks for all the help so far. I cant believe the store closed early today I couldnt get my energies oh well have to wait till friday now since I have to work.

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Yes definately use your sub out on your receiver from there stick the cable into the input rca/rca's only the input. Set the switch to LFE because this bypasses the crossover. Hope this helps.
-nate

Reid K

Stunt Coordinator
Okay so both plugs go in right? taking a quick look at the online manual I thought I saw only one going in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks