What's new

Just bought a DLP TV now I need something to makeit sound good ;) (1 Viewer)

David Cotton

Auditioning
Afternoon ladies and gents.. I am hoping someone in their infinite wisdom can help me decide on some speakers.. I am looking at $800-$1200 each range. I was interested in the Energy Veritas 2.4i but have been told by an "audio guy" that for that type of money I am better going with Dali. I will be hooking this up to a Yamaha RX-V1400

I know listening is everything but I am looking to narrow my choices before I begin. Thanks for any help.

David

David Cotton

Auditioning
Wow, responding to my own post.. How sad.. After some more reading I have started looking at the Rocket RS1000s

My HT room is only 11' X 15' 6" Am I getting into too much speaker for that size room with the RS1000s?

I was looking at the Rocket 750 Signature Ultra HT
package which is the same price as a pair of 1Ks.. I have a sub that will do for now but will need to be upgraded later..

So 1Ks? package deal? Comprably priced Dalis'?

ANy feedback on Dali from my previous post?

Anyone?

(Faint sound of crickets in the background)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
David,

I'm not familiar with the Dalis, but I've seen some pics and they look really good.

The RS1Ks may be a bit big for that room (they might not even fit in there :D

There are several Rockets owners in the Austin/SA area if you would like to request a demo. Go to the AV123 forum and post a request there, or use Audioenvy.com to do so.

Also, if you're not in a hurry, there's a get-together in Dallas on May 21st if you'd like to join and demo a bunch of rocket gears. Go to the AV123 forum and check out the thread titled "Dallas GTG". Also, some of the Houston folks are planning their own GTG, so that may be a little closer for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks