What's new

jury duty (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Oh. Well... Sorry I brung it all up. My number was exempt. So, I promise not to bring this up again till they call me up again. Which, considering Baltimore City, could be just a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your participation in this exciting and informative thread. Hooray for the HTF!

Gotta go have some coffee and then brush my teeth with baking soda.

MC

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

Did you explain how it is her civic duty if she is in college during finals and they dont care?
That you might be a unoffical care giver to a mom or dad and they dont care?

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
That's crazy. I once got called to jury duty during the busiest time ever for my PR firm. When they interviewed them i told them that i could tell guilt just by looking at someone. I never had to serve.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
If you can automatically judge guilt, maybe you're better suited for a civil trial.

Maybe the court would be more sympathetic if so many people weren't making lame excuses and acting crazy to avoid jury duty.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
While I lived in Connecticut I was called up. The funny thing was that I used to get notices while I was on active duty and living in Spain. You would think the FPO address was a give away that I did not reside in the state. But after getting out I finally was available. I had time on my hands and thought it would be fun and interesting. I showed up at the court house and was sent to the jury staging area via the special elevator and checked in with the clerk. She gave me a cool juror sticker and told me to have a seat in this huge room.

After waiting for about an hour, we were shown a video on what to expect that day and what the difference was between a criminal and civil trial and the juror's roles in those trials. A real life judge then came to address us and do some Q & A. Then the waiting started.

Around noon a clerk read off some names and told the rest of us we were done for the day and thanked us for our service. A few weeks later I got a check for about $25 for my time.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
that's pretty sweet, not a lot of money, but i didn't think anyone got any compensation for jury duty.

CJ

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
They told us the money was so little to just sign a waver and they will get the money and use it for nicer furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks