What's new

Jonny Quest - The Original Series (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I find that the most aggravating aspect about the set. That wasn't there when I originally watched those episodes (Yes, I am that old ;)). That is more obnoxious than the CBS logo on their classic sets.
I agree. And I find that tacked on CBS logo incredibly annoying. That HB/Turner logo/animation/annoyance is on several animated shows I own. I hate it on each and every one! When it plays it completely takes me out of the mood.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I agree. And I find that tacked on CBS logo incredibly annoying. That Cartoon Network logo/animation/annoyance is on several animated shows I own. I hate it on each and every one! When it plays it completely takes me out of the mood.

Are you talking about this end logo?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Are you talking about this end logo?

No... I misspoke. For some reason I had "Cartoon Network" in my head but it's actually a logo/animation added by HB/Turner - I edited that post to reflect this instead. It's a montage of sorts. There are two types I know of, the one on Jonny Quest and the other has an "El Kabong" guitar twang added. Both are annoying and absolutely out-of-character for these classic animations.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
That end logo is from the VHS years, I use to have a few Jonny Quest's and other HB series back in the 90's. I don't know if all of WB's releases have had their original HB closings or the standard WB Television logo instead.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this coming to blu-ray, but the DigitalBits mentioned the other day that it was coming in late 2019 or early 2020. Not sure why the delay.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I wonder if The Flintstones will happen?

I'm very tempted by the latest complete series rerelease since I'm missing two seasons and I'm not a fan of flippers. Probably after I buy that, season one will be announced for Blu-Ray. :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Glad to see this coming to blu-ray, but the DigitalBits mentioned the other day that it was coming in late 2019 or early 2020. Not sure why the delay.

Looks like I'll have to wait. In the meantime the DVD set, despite its flaws will have to tide me over until then.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well usually we complain that the studios are tight-lipped about all the projects they are working on and won't confirm anything until it's ready to be released. Here's a case where they gave us a whole year's advance notice!

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell

I'm very tempted by the latest complete series rerelease since I'm missing two seasons and I'm not a fan of flippers. Probably after I buy that, season one will be announced for Blu-Ray. :)
I *could* be wrong (and hopefully am), but the Flintstones seems highly unlikely. I don't mean that as a comment about the show's popularity, but moreso the fact that it is a SIX season show. I mean, look how long it is taking WAC to release some of the older(as in, not currently still airing) shows on blu. It took longer than 3 years, if I am remembering correctly, to release all of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and they started releasing Teen Titans earlier this year (with no signs yet of season 2, as far as we know). With six seasons for the Flintstones, that could be quite a while before they finish, and WAC is certainly NOT going to release a complete series set to start, either. Again, I hope I am wrong and they do try, but it seems unlikely to me.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I'm actually very shocked that they chose Johnny Quest over The Flintstones or Scooby Doo as a 1st HB Blu Ray Since those two are by far the most popular HB properties. Not that JQ isn't popular just not as popular.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually very shocked that they chose Johnny Quest over The Flintstones or Scooby Doo as a 1st HB Blu Ray Since those two are by far the most popular HB properties. Not that JQ isn't popular just not as popular.

-testing the water-most likely

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin

simple math, one season, 26 glorious episodes if done correctly, and then it's done, as opposed to longer running series

waiting to see what the added extra content is going to be, maybe WB can include the greatest homage to this classic series that was done a few years ago in a different style

the music kicks, and hey if you are going to up date a classic, this is how you do it

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think internal Warner politics may have played a role. Both Flintstones and Scooby have a lot of licensing deals and are prevalent in retail markets. Warner Archive could probably get the go ahead for a blu of a title like Johnny Quest much easier than those. Sort of like it being able to release a complete Porky Pig, when Bugs or Daffy are probably more desired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks