What's new

Hanna-Barbera Logos on DVD (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
While most DVDs of Hanna-Barbera shows keep the right closing logos, a few have them get replaced with one of these two "All-Stars" logos (both of which were used from 1994-1997), depending on the genre of the series.

For action/adventure series:

For comedy series:

Thus, I want to ask you all this... which DVDs keep these rare post-1985 "CGI Swirling Star" logos (both with and without Taft bylines)? They look like this...

With Taft byline (1986-1988):

(I hope the season 2 episodes on the recent Paw Paws DVD release have this one)

And without (1988-1991):

I don't know which DVD releases of these 1986-1991 titles keep the original logos (other than the re-releases of the Greatest Adventures series of direct-to-video specials which originally came out on VHS), but I can tell you which ones do not:
Jonny Quest (the 1986 syndicated episodes)
The Jetsons (the 1987 syndicated episodes)
Sky Commanders
The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley

This opening "Hanna-Barbera Presents" logo, which Hanna-Barbera came up with in response to Filmation's 1983 "Presents" opening logo, is also rare on DVD... I know it is not present on The Jetsons 1985 syndicated episodes DVD release.

The only DVD release I know of that has this logo is Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf. The end credits on the same release also replace the original CGI Swirling Star with the bylineless version of the original version (as used from 1979-1986). A silent version existed on the first of the Greatest Adventures direct-to-video VHS releases, as well as on the Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! VHS tape.

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks