What's new

Jojo Rabbit (2019) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just saw JoJo Rabbit and thought it was terrific.

A hilarious quirky original film. Taika Wattiti is a genuine talent. Again, one of the best films of the year.

The Academy has done well with its nominations this year.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just back from a well-attended screening here in the UK where the film has just opened.

I thought the first fifteen minutes or so were merely fine, but then it really hit its stride and was excellent from then on. Casting was spot-on. If I had to choose a star it’d be Sam Rockwell, but everyone was terrific and in my cinema Stephen Merchant got the biggest laughs. Rebel Wilson did very well with a limited screen-time too.

Visually it looked amazing with the era beautifully recreated.

My only real qualm with it was
that it implied that American troops executed newly-arrested German POWs and even grabbed an obvious young boy (Jojo) to be essentially murdered. That seemed a hell of an accusation to make.
Yeah. Regarding your spoiler it was definitely

Russian troops

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Saw this back in October and it's one of my 3 favourite films of the year, alongside 1917 and Avengers: Endgame.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Last night I had a miniature Thomasin McKenzie marathon. I watched Leave No Trace followed by Jojo Rabbit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks