What's new

John Wayne Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Wow, thanks guys! Thats a lot to choose from but there are several that seem to be on everyones list :)

I'm pretty excited to watch some of these after the recommendations!

Thanks,
-Marshall

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Just to cover for myself, you should only rent The Conqueror if you want a laugh. To be serious, if I had to only choose three, I'd go for The Searchers, Rio Bravo, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance :)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
IMO, John Wayne is a pretty bad actor -- or at least what he does isn't called acting -- but the best film he was in, quite possibly the best western, is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. Surprisingly, everyone's acting in it is overdone, including James Stewart's, but it's all worth it for the last 5 minutes.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
John Wayne was a HELL of a good actor. In addition to 'The Quiet Man', check him out in 'The Wings Of Eagles', portraying a quadriplegic.

Whatever role he was asked to play, he brought it convincingly to the screen.

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
I have not seen these two mentioned. Two of my favorite all time John Wayne movies.

The Green Berets...........no flames please

Hellfighters.........his greatest movie in my opinion

He is backed up by Tim Hutton in both of these films and the two of them just work well together

bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks