What's new

John Sayles film "Men With Guns" on IFC! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
For you John Sayles fans out there that may have missed it, Men With Guns will be playing on the Independent Film Channel tomorrow (2/7) at 11:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. Definitely worth seeing!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Just so you know that your posting was not in vain, I TiVo'd this film and watched it this afternoon. Yet another compelling cultural and historical exploration by John Sayles. I'm always amazed by his ability to present completely different locales and characters while remaining sincere and avoiding overt cliches. And it was impressive to learn that he taught himself spanish in order to write the screenplay.

My favorite line of the film gave some whimsical foresight to his following film, Limbo.

Paraphrasing,
"Once people start into a a story they have to have an ending or they are unhappy." :D

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Brad, I'm glad you liked it. Hopefully, Men With Guns will find its way to DVD soon. Fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks