What's new

Joe Jackson (1 Viewer)

veggiop

Grip
Real Name
veggiop
I love Joe Jackson... well, at least I really love 3 of his most popular songs. His best stuff is from the late 70's and early 80's.

He had a cool style then. Very elegant & refined looking, I still adore his song Stepping Out - I will play it over & over again on my IPod sometimes.

Any fans or even anyone familiar with his stuff?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Like you, I only know a handful of songs. I've had a master '80s playlist since the mp3 era began, and it starts off with Breaking Us in Two and Steppin' Out. Absolutely wonderful songs, the pair. As much as I like them, I need to check out Night and Day.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Joe Jackson has an incredible body of work - I would certainly recommend diving in as deep as you can into his catalog. One of his recordings that I love to play in the summer while sitting out on the deck is "Summer in the City". Very intimate and a great mash-up of some familiar covers and great originals. One of my favorite cuts on it is "Another World".

Seriously, if you love 2 or 3 songs that much, it is worth the time for a deeper look.

Edit - Almost forgot to mention that beyond his pop and jazz influenced work he put out an album of covers of big band type music called "Jumpin Jive" that is also a favorite listen that doesn't seem to come up on rotation enough.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Joe Jackson is a fantastic songwriter and performer. I own pretty much everything he's ever released, and I've seen him live many times. Start with the CD "Night And Day", then "Look Sharp". Maybe one of the "greatest hits" compilations. "Body and Soul" is a personal favorite, along with the subdued "Night Music". I can't recommend Joe's music highly enough.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Gotta add I'm the Man to the list of Joe Jackson's work to start with....I enjoy almost all of his work. Mikes Murder is my personal favorite of the overlooked part of his catalog.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks