What's new

Jet Set Radio Future (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I find the music gets better as you progessive through the game. Also the birthday song does grow on you. The song transitions are excellente.

"Add some sugar, Add some salt!"

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
there is that one song which is just that person (presume it is a girl) shouting! What the f*$k is she saying? She just shouts!!! ugh, I have to mute my home theatre when the game moves onto that song, I can not stress how much I hate it...
That would be Cibo Motto. The song is called Birthday Cake. (add some sugar..YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!) I too also wanted to drive something very deep into ear when I heard the song. You know what though? After listening to it a couple of times it actually starts to grow on you. I still dont "like" the song but it doesn't bother me as much.

As far as the rest of the soundtrack, I enjoy this one better than the first.(Though I still dig the first one allot). This ones a little more "dancey" than Jet Grind Radio but I like techno/dance music so it appeals to me.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry, that song just makes me hate the X-box for having 5.1, it truly does...
I have to repeat something I said much much earlier in this very same thread:
That's Cibo Matto you're knocking there. Be careful, or I'll have to send the boys round to knock some sense into your ears
:)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Heh, I disliked the game but loved the Cibo Matto song =) (and ended up buying the album)

-Dave

Dan B

Screenwriter
Hey Dan, I'm pretty sure I posted the lyrics to that song earlier in this thread. If I recall correctly, they are slightly edited in the JSRF version.
The weird thing is, all of us found the song annoying at first, but it wins you over after a while! Doubt me if you must, but it will happen. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I agree the transitions are very well done

Birthday Cake still drives me up the wall

I agree that the music is no where near as catchy. JSR EVERY song was great. JSRF is very hit and miss. Aisle 10, Hip Hop is the Sh*t, and Birthday cake make me groan every time they come up.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
There are some tracks on the new one that are defintely as good as the old stuff. "Top of the food chain" and the Beastie Boys sounding one in the sewer. I think the trouble is that even though the songs are good, they tend to grind on your if takes forever to get through a level and they keep looping the song. I like the Holiday song, but damn after an hour of hearing it I wanted to rip my hear out.

They work best when you cruise through different levels and they only pop in and out.

Right now I'm plaing on levels that have the "Understand" song on them. Love that one! The best is getting to new levels with new songs and then hearing them transistion back into the older songs from the earlier levels...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I was the one who posted how much I hated that Birthday Cake song (thus prompting the threat from Brian :)). It's true, the first few times I heard her scream SHUT UP AND EAT! YOU KNOW MY LOVE IS SWEET!!! I wanted to beat myself to death with my own shoe. But then, I started not to mind it as much...and then kind of look forward to it...and now I love it. I have never had a song go from such intense hatred to genuine fondness before. Must be that Cibo Matto voodoo... :)
Resistance is futile, Dan. :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Any tips for the skyscraper district? It's driving me nuts. I go up on the spinny thing, I've made the jump a couple times to the crane, but that's it.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Jeff, it's been a while since I've played, but I think I remember what to do. From the very beginning of the level, don't skate forward towards the pyramid, instead turn around. There should be two columns on either side of you with neon blue lights running up them. Skate to the top of either (eventually you will have to do both). From the left hand one (as you face the columns) you have to jump from building to building to reach all of the tags on that side. From the right hand one you have to jump on a series of satellite dishes, and then to another set of buildings that need to be tagged. If you get stuck, use the map to see which buildings should be close enough to jump onto from where you are. And get ready to hear DJ Professor K yell "Sayonara!!!" about a million times as you misjudge jumps and fall to your death. :angry:
Definitely use someone with lots of stamina (I think I used Garam) because you will probably fall an awful lot, at least at first.
I hope that helps...it's been a few months since I've played, but that level is kind of burned in my brain because I spent so much time there. Grrrr...

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Can't add much to what Dave said, other than once you get the hang of it, it's an easier level. It all depends on getting on the crane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks