What's new

Jensen JPS-12 subwoofer......worth $69 delivered? (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
One of these days, I'll get around to putting together my Dayton 12" DVC, Parts Express 250 watt plate amp, and the Parts Express Heavy duty cabinet, but for now, I need something to get me by.

I found a Jensen JPS12 subwoofer at JandR Music World for $69 delivered. Had to haggle a little with the salesman, since he origianlly said it was $99 delivered, but I pointed it out on his web page for $69 delivered.

Anyway, being the kind of guy I am, I went ahead and ordered it for the $69. I know, I know, it's just a big boom box, but what do you think for the money? No, it won't be even close to being in the same league as my project subwoofer, but I don't have the project built yet, so for now would like something.

Anything I can do to make the Jensen sound a little better?

Thanks a lot.

Steve

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Let me see if I can read in between the lines here:

1. Cancel that Jensen sub order.
2. Stay sober.
3. Get to work putting together your killer sub.

Correct me if I'm wrong!! ;)

Steve

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
Someone on one of the forums said their nine year old son put the Titanic kit together in an hour or so. Why throw away $70?

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
I have to agree, Jensen is one of the sorriest brands when it comes to audio, it was only $70, but if it was me I would have rather had the cash than a poor sub that will just take of extra space somewhere once you get that real sub put together. I remember my first piece of audio equipment was a Jensen shelve system, how far I have come from that…

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, maybe (ok, it was a stupid purchase ;) ) it was a dumb purchase, but I can always send it out to the pole barn to that stereo system when i get my Dayton fired up.

But for now, what if I pulled the subwoofer out of the Jensen cabinet and plopped in the Dayton? Would that offer better sound until I get my cabinet put together?

Thanks.

Steve

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Take it from a former Jensen owner, "DON'T DO IT" I had some Jensen speakers and when I upgraded to Platinum Audio a couple of years ago, I remember how much I was missing. They pop, and can't take real bass and it makes it a bad idea to waste the money just to hold you over. Save and go with a Dayton if budget is tight.

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter

Why not spend that time putting your kit together instead? Don't put a perfectly good driver in that piece of $h!t. The cabinet is not designed for that driver. Do not compound your problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks