What's new

JBL PB-12 vs. Sony 12" sub. (1 Viewer)

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
Which would you think would be better. The sony 12" sub or the JBL PB-10? My room is about 11' x 13' so I do not think I will need a huge one. Also would the JBL PB-12 be a huge difference from the PB-10 in my size room?

Thanks

Jamie

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
From what people say around here, the Sony is better than the PB10, but not as good as the PB12. I have the Sony and I like it, however I have not compared it to either of the JBL's. THe Sony is hard to beat for around $150.

KyleRoussel

Stunt Coordinator
Both my brother and I have similar sized rooms as yours (11x9) and he has the PB-10 while I have the PB-12. The 10 in my opinion does that size of room just dandy. I bought the 12 knowing that I'll be leaving the bedroom in the near future, so I went with more power. Right now, in some instances, I find its hard to find a nice volume for it, espcially for music like No Doubt which really pumps out the bass at times. Nevertheless, either sub would be a good choice IMO.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
If you can spare the extra cash for the PB12, I highly recommend that route. I have had my PB12 for about 18 months and it has been been great.

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
chris -- what are your room dimensions and is this for music or HT? what speaker set up are you using?

thanks

brian

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
UPS just rolled my new JBL S120PII through the door. Are you interested in a good deal on a 6-month old PB12 in "new" condition?

JamieZ

Stunt Coordinator
I think I am gonna end up buying the sony sub. I have found it for $149 online. I really want the jbl pb-12 but my parents will not let me spend that much money. They don't know anything about HT.

Thanks

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks