What's new

Jamo input (1 Viewer)

GregRus

Auditioning
Please help-I'm brand new to HT and this is my first post as you can see.I'm dealing with an individual (friend of a friend) that run a small HT store. I came in only having heard and sold on "klipsch ref series" speakers.After talking with this guy, and him coming to my house to assess my room layout,he suggested a speaker company called "Jamo". I've never heard of these before and ran the search through this forum and found little mentioning of this name.Could I get some input on performance of this speaker brand? I'm not concerned with price as much as I'm concerned with getting less of a speaker right off the bat.THANKS IN ADVANCE

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
I have a lower end jamo 5.1 speaker set.(e4 series) Cost me around $650 for the complete set. Got them when they went on clearance so I got a really good deal on them. But they are a little over price for the money. The D series is really good but does require a really good amp to run them. I have just replace the fronts with wharfedale diamonds 8.2s and center and find they are way better speakers and retails for the same as the Jamos.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Jamo isn't bad. Little pricey, but they have beautiful finishes. Sound quality I thought was pretty good. My uncles neighbor owns them and I usually watch alot of movies on that system. Not sure of the series, but I believe they costed about $5500 full system...

Jamo is a Danish company that is the largest speaker manufacturer in Europe. They make a full line of speakers that are known for being very stylish and easy on the eyes.. Read that as women think they look very chic. I have a A350 (I think thats right)5.1 system in my family room that is used for casual TV viewing and music listening. It performs nicely in that role and I have been quite happy with the sound. My main purchase consideration was based on the size and appearance as it was going in the family room where the wife controls the decor.

RolfHult

Auditioning
Jamo also got THX certified speakers for hometheater use.
THX System Two (and one).
Just got my hands on a set of THX System Two ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks