What's new

JAKE 2.0 cancelled (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The following was from www.trektoday.com

The freshman drama Jake 2.0, which followed up Star Trek: Enterprise on Wednesday night, has been cancelled.

Variety reported today that production had been halted on the show. Reruns of America's Next Top Model, which airs on Tuesdays at 9pm Eastern time, will be taking the place of Jake 2.0 at 9pm on Wednesdays.

Jake 2.0 struggled in the ratings. The show debuted with a 4.2 rating/6 share, lower than last season's The Twilight Zone, which opened with a 4.6/7. The last airing of Jake 2.0, a rerun on January 7th, attracted only 1.52 million viewers and landed in last place for the week of January 5th at #119. The last first run episode of Jake 2.0 aired on December 17th and scored a 2.4/4 to come in 5th place in the hour, ahead of a rerun of the WB's Angel.

America's Next Top Model debuted to high numbers for UPN on Tuesday night. The second season of the reality show drew in 4.9 million viewers, the highest ratings in that timeslot for the net since 1995.

For more on this story, check out the article at Variety (registration required).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's too bad because I liked the show. Well, that frees up another hour on the ReplayTV...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Because they may be good for the time you're watching them. Just because a show doesn't run for five years doesn't mean it's a waste of time.

Now.. Can we get Keegan Connor Tracy onto something I can wholeheartedly support? Jake 2.0 was OK, but it's nothing I'll really miss.

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I never got one either, and from what I gather, neither did anyone else.

UPN twice ran a survey on their website about viewer preferences and whether they had seen Jake 2.0 . They asked for your contact information so they they could send you a free DVD with two episode of Jake 2.0 .

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's kind of a way to promote the show, and UPN probably had this on the bubble for the past few weeks. My guess is that they didn't want to risk wasting money by shipping out free DVD's they were planning to officially cancel soon...

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Is Chris Gorham getting a track record for being on doomed series that are suddenly cancelled? :)

Evidence:

Popular
Odyssey 5
Jake 2.0

DAMMIT I LIKED ALL OF THOSE, PARTICULARLY ODYSSEY 5. Popular was funny as hell.

I think he's a charismatic actor and hope his career goes further, but man o man....

I never watched Felicity. Did he have a big role?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I believe it was a guest role for just a few episodes, I think season 3.

The strange thing is that I write a weekly story for a friend, and I cast him in one of the roles (we pick actors to play the main characters...) and I stopped writing that show too.... lol

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, can't say I'm surprised. After watching two episodes, I couldn't really stomache it. If it got better, then it is too bad.

Jason

Dewitte

Stunt Coordinator
One of my favorite episodes was one of the last aired. Lee Majors guest-starred and I'll leave it that :)

De

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
That's too bad. I really liked the show. I didn't receive the free DVD either.
Tell me about it. After Karen Sisco and Miss Match, my TiVo is now lighter by 3 hours. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks