What's new

Jackie Robinson Film In Development: Who Should Play The Lead? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I have confidence that former baseball player, Robert Redford will do the subject matter proud.

Crawdaddy

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
It's too soon for him to play another real legend.

Why? He's an actor, isn't he? I didn't see anyone complaining when Anthony Hopkins played Richard Nixon, Pablo Picasso, and John Quincy Adams in short order.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Hopkins didn't win a Best Actor AA for any of those roles nor was he constantly featured in the media for having the performance of the year. Foxx was front and center on every award show from the Grammys to the Oscars.

Anyhow, it appairs Foxx's plate is full with other film commitments over the next couple of years.

Crawdaddy

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member

No, no one complained. But I wonder if the reason is because, not too many people saw him in all three films back to back at that time. And based on each respective film's box office receipts that could very well be. I know I didn't. Surviving Picasso was not even released anywhere near my city and I don't think it is even available currently on DVD.

Foxx would be good but I discounted him because he's pretty much booked through 2007. Unless Redford and company is willing to wait 2 years to start filming with a hot star, it might just work. If not, they'll have to find someone else.

~Edwin

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I think Foxx would be great if he matched that style, but I just don't see him in that role. I don't think timing is a problem in the least however.

Think of the title song and video. Awesome. ;)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member

Again, why not? A lot of parts have been lost to other actors due to another actor's scheduling conflicts.

~Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks