What's new

Jack Wild (Oliver!) R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
USA Today

This could go in either Movies or TV (thanks to his appearance in H.R. Pufnstuf), but since his first impression for many of us was as The Artful Dodger in Oliver!, I'm mentioning it here.

Wild died from complications of cancer, first diagnosed in 2000 - he was a heavy drinker and smoker and treated for mouth cancer thru surgery and chemo.

He was still instantly recognizable in Robin Hood: King Of Thieves (his sickly appearance led me to believe there was some sort of illness which I suspected was alcoholism), and I am still waiting for a domestic release of Melody with Oliver co-star Mark Lester.

A very limited film career that still left an indelible mark. He will be missed.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Very sad news. Just last month he was featured as one of the 100 Greatest Teen Stars on VH-1. I already got the idea that he wasn't doing too well based on the most recent picture they showed there as compared to a taped interview from a few years before that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks