What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday I bought The Big Country (1958) from VUDU for $7.99. I thought it would be nice to have a Digital copy at a nice price. It was in Full screen ! :huh: Not in Widescreen 2.35:1 like the KL Bluray. I got a Refund. Why don't they have these movies in the correct aspect ratio ? :confused: Also ...Jason and the Argonauts Digital is a Old version with Dirt and specks all over it. :oops: Nothing like the Sony Bluray. Got that Refunded from itunes weeks ago. These Digital companies need to update their movies with the Best versions available.
Your post has nothing to do with iTunes 4K upgrades!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
All I know is .......The movies I mentioned need to be Upgraded.

Rick, not sure if you realize the full, relevant context of this dedicated thread (as it's not explicitly expressed in the opening few posts), but AFAIK, the (by far) #1 reason why we have this thread (instead of a more general digital upgrades thread or one dedicated to Vudu or some other non-iTunes platform) seems to be because Apple/iTunes had (originally) promised free upgrades if/whenever they receive 4K versions of digitals, so people (especially) want to know if/whenever their already (or soon-to-be) purchased iTunes digitals would get upgraded (for free) to 4K -- or if in some (rare) cases, their older digitals don't get upgraded for free at all despite 4K becoming available (as the process has not been perfect to say the least)...

Vudu never provides (nor promised) free upgrades, so there's naturally (much) less (though not zero) interest in Vudu's status re: upgrades. And your particular post has more to do w/ what you want to see done on Vudu in a more general sense (not even necessarily specific to 4K anyway) that's not so relevant to the rationale for this thread...

Having said that, not completely sure where might be most appropriate for you complaint post. Maybe the Streaming Frustrations thread? Not sure...

Hope that helps clarify things...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My iTunes HD digitals of Bringing Out the Dead has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision while Dragonslayer upgraded to 4K without any HDR. Edit: Correction Dragonslayer does have Dolby Vision.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Is there a digital 4K version of The Saint?

I’m following up on the post by the digital bits. He stated a digital 4k version was available but I couldn’t locate it. I have the film on vudu and iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is there a digital 4K version of The Saint?

I’m following up on the post by the digital bits. He stated a digital 4k version was available but I couldn’t locate it. I have the film on vudu and iTunes.
Not yet, but I expect my iTunes HD digital to upgrade in the coming months.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
My iTunes HD digitals of Bringing Out the Dead has upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision while Dragonslayer upgraded to 4K without any HDR. Edit: Correction Dragonslayer does have Dolby Vision.
I was just coming here to report Dragonslayer, but you beat me to it, so instead I'll add that Orlando has upgraded to 4K Dolby Vision, and My Best Friend's Wedding has had Dolby Vision added to it (it has been 4K for years).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was just coming here to report Dragonslayer, but you beat me to it, so instead I'll add that Orlando has upgraded to 4K Dolby Vision, and My Best Friend's Wedding has had Dolby Vision added to it (it has been 4K for years).
Yup, My Best Friend’s Wedding digital has upgraded too.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Not yet, but I expect my iTunes HD digital to upgrade in the coming months.
I guess it was there for a while and then was pulled back. Paramount may be revealing a bit too much by putting titles out in digital 4k and then the disc later on

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Watching Dragonslayer now. Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks