What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have Apple TV 4K ( 4th generation)...16.1
So it's the new Apple TV 4K model released last week? If so, it's their 3rd generation 4K model which I set up one of those units on November 4th. This morning on my unit, MA still shows it's unable to playback 4K material. Apple is working on that issue.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Thanks for letting me know.
What's interesting is CASABLANCA upgraded on MA to 4K and plays in 4K on MA.
None of the 6 Columbia titles will play.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for letting me know.
What's interesting is CASABLANCA upgraded on MA to 4K and plays in 4K on MA.
None of the 6 Columbia titles will play.
Do you have the new ATV model because my Casablanca won't play in 4K on the MA app while using my ATV unit? It will play in 4K on the MA app on my Roku units.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So I bought the Christmas Holiday Special 4K set with Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Coming to town and Rudolph only redeemed in HD. Anyone know why?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
So I bought the Christmas Holiday Special 4K set with Rudolph, Frosty and Santa Coming to town and Rudolph only redeemed in HD. Anyone know why?
Where did you redeem? I checked iTunes, and they only offer Rudolph in HD at best for the moment.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Where did you redeem? I checked iTunes, and they only offer Rudolph in HD at best for the moment.
It’s a manufacturer choice. I’m not sure why they chose to do this.

I recall reading that the digital copies would only be hd…

The Wild West of digital!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
On MA. I just assumed all three would be 4K. Disappointing. Rudolph looks spectacular in 4K too. Perhaps it will get upgraded soon.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yeh?
Even when redeemed at MA and not iTunes?
In most cases, you can’t redeem an MA code on iTunes. I almost always redeem my MA codes directly on Movies Anywhere, especially for older movies that retailers have not upgraded to 4K yet. If the studio has set the code to redeem with 4K rights, even if MA doesn’t have the title in 4K, it will then redeem at your connected retailers in 4K provided the retailer has it in 4K.

1776 is a perfect example. MA does not currently offer the film in 4K, but when I redeemed my code on MA, it showed it as 4K but with a disclaimer that 4K was not currently supported for that title (on the app) yet I did get 4K on iTunes (DV and 5.1), and Vudu (4K and 5.1).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ok.
I was under the impression that if you redeem at MA that iTunes will not provide an auto upgrade unless it’s already 4k

So I still have hope for Annie?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Ok.
I was under the impression that if you redeem at MA that iTunes will not provide an auto upgrade unless it’s already 4k

So I still have hope for Annie?
If it’s a 4K code, then redeem at MA to insure all connected retail accounts also grant you 4K rights. If you don’t get an upgrade to 4K at your connected accounts, you may need to disconnect and reconnect the account after the retailer upgrades that title to 4K. If it still doesn’t upgrade, then MA customer service is usually pretty good at getting it fixed or at least track the issue and report it to the appropriate personnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks