What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Give 'em hell from me too, Robert!
No, I won't be contacting them, as I don't have the patience to deal with them on the phone. I've got better things to do in my retirement. I'm just going to be like Mark P and buy these digitals when they actually upgrade to 4K.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
We might have a similar situation with "Unbreakable" too which is a Disney title. It should upgrade to 4K today, but hasn't so far and is listed the same with new artwork as "A Clockwork Orange" on MA.

Anyhow, I'm going to sleep for a while so I'll deal with this crap later on.
Disney has been having some issues with digital codes not redeeming properly, (Cruella is the most recent example), so it is possible that could be the culprit on Unbreakable.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
No, I won't be contacting them, as I don't have the patience to deal with them on the phone. I've got better things to do in my retirement. I'm just going to be like Mark P and buy these digitals when they actually upgrade to 4K.
Yeah, I’m growing more and more wary of the continuation of Apple’s free upgrade policy. They’ve already pointed out fine print allowing for exemptions to the policy. Paramount seems to still be upgrade-safe, so I expect I’ll still get free upgrades next year for the remaining Star Trek movies as well as The Godfather trilogy, but as far as the other studios I don’t plan on buying future 4K titles prior to their upgrades.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The issue with A Clockwork Orange is there are different distributors. The previous one we all purchased was from "Warner Bros." This new one is from "Warner Home Video." My guess is this is what happened with "Willy Wonka" which now says "Warner Bros."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We might have a similar situation with "Unbreakable" too which is a Disney title. It should upgrade to 4K today, but hasn't so far and is listed the same with new artwork as "A Clockwork Orange" on MA.

Anyhow, I'm going to sleep for a while so I'll deal with this crap later on.
My iTunes Unbreakable has upgraded to 4K/DV.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Don't get me started about their ATV+ app. That app keeps telling me I don't have any movies or tv shows in my library.
I normally do not have issues with that app. In this case, though, I couldn't access the film I was watching via the Movies app, either. Luckily, I was just finishing watching the end credits on Kill Bill Vol. 2. At least it didn't go out in the middle of the film. I was watching initially on the Roku Ultra, but the issue happens on the Apple box, too.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I normally do not have issues with that app. In this case, though, I couldn't access the film I was watching via the Movies app, either. Luckily, I was just finishing watching the end credits on Kill Bill Vol. 2. At least it didn't go out in the middle of the film.
I don't know what the issue is, but that app won't list any of my digital library on two different ATV4K units.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just checked Taxi Driver, and it plays in 4K + DV on my Roku Ultra and ATV4K. It's also listed that way in the Movies app on the ATV4K.
You must have bought the 4K digital of it. I purchased the HD digital on iTunes in July, 2018 as part of "Classics 70's Collection" for $19.99. It upgraded to 4K without any HDR later on. I can't remember what year that happened.

Anyhow, the 4K upgrade disappeared this week and reverted back to HD. Last week it was in 4K.

However, tonight it upgraded to 4K again on iTunes, but this time with Dolby Vision.

It doesn't really matter as I pre-ordered that "Columbia Classics Collection" Volume 2 4K disc collection which will come with 4K digitals when it's released next month.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You must have bought the 4K digital of it. I purchased the HD digital on iTunes in July, 2018 as part of "Classics 70's Collection" for $19.99. It upgraded to 4K without any HDR later on. I can't remember what year that happened.

Anyhow, the 4K upgrade disappeared this week and reverted back to HD. Last week it was in 4K.

However, tonight it upgraded to 4K again on iTunes, but this time with Dolby Vision.

It doesn't really matter as I pre-ordered that "Columbia Classics Collection" Volume 2 4K disc collection which will come with 4K digitals when it's released next month.
Per my note in DVD Profiler, I bought Taxi Driver last September for $4 from Fanflix. The film is in 4K on my Vudu account, too, so you are correct that I must have bought it in 4K. Without doing detective work, I can never remember whether I bought something in 4K or if it upgraded -- I do both.

Anyway, I am glad your version is back to 4K, and now with DV. I honestly do not remember if mine was in Dolby Vision before last night when I checked. I wonder if the brief iTunes outage I expereinced last evening had anything to do with this? Apple may have been performing maintenance to correct some issues.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Stripes (extended cut) just upgraded to 4K. Could someone who owns it check the theatrical cut included in the extras to see if it is also in 4K?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks