What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
While this doesn't pertain to 4K, I didn't think it deserved it's own thread.....

I purchased The Godfather Trilogy a few months back and everything was fine. I had both versions of Godfather 3. Now only the first two films are shown when scrolling through my "All Movies" tab. If I do a search for it, it does show up as The Godfather Coda and is playable. I realize that it isn't the end of the world that it's gone missing from my list, but it is annoying.

I'm guessing this had to do with a consolidation of them getting rid of the "Godfather Part III" title and just keeping the "Coda" version (even though both versions played under the Godfather III listing) and something got screwed up along the way.

Is anyone else missing this film from their "All Movies" list?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had already bought Donnie Darko on a previous sale, which is from Arrow, and now Arrow is releasing it in 4K next month. Does anyone know if small releases like that get upgraded? The few other 4K releases from Arrow are in 4K on iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had already bought Donnie Darko on a previous sale, which is from Arrow, and now Arrow is releasing it in 4K next month. Does anyone know if small releases like that get upgraded? The few other 4K releases from Arrow are in 4K on iTunes.
I think it depends on whether Arrow did the 4K work or was it the home studio. If it's the former, I seriously doubt it upgrades to 4K. However, if it's the studio that owns the movie then it's possible it will upgrade to 4K.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Mackintosh and TJ, a Roy Rogers film from 1975, in 4K and Dolby Vision on iTunes, who would have expected that? :emoji_astonished:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The 3 Worlds of Gulliver, new to 4K, no HDR. I’m sure there are some Harryhausen fans who may be excited about that.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Saturday Night Fever" now in 4K on iTunes
Yeah, I watched the first 20 minutes earlier today. I wasn't impressed by the 4K/Dolby Vision as I've been with other Paramount titles. Anyhow, a $4.99 gamble in 2019, somewhat paid off.

Also, this is the theatrical cut of 119 minutes in 4K while the director's cut at 122 minutes is among the extras in HD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, I watched the first 20 minutes earlier today. I wasn't impressed by the 4K/Dolby Vision as I've been with other Paramount titles. Anyhow, a $4.99 gamble in 2019, somewhat paid off.

Also, this is the theatrical cut of 119 minutes in 4K while the director's cut at 122 minutes is among the extras in HD.

I suspect we will see SNF (one of my all-time favorite films) released to 4k disc very shortly. I would rather have this film on disc.

Alas, I don't think the Director's Cut will be in 4k, but anything is possible and I hope Paramount does the right thing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks