What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah. It was $3 for me but would be nice if the director cut was 4K. That version to me is better.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yeah. It was $3 for me but would be nice if the director cut was 4K. That version to me is better.
I didn't care for the director's cut, but love the theatrical version. It is great to see that Arrow releases are getting upgraded to 4K on iTunes. That doesn't always happen with the small labels. Unfortunately, I never bought this on iTunes, as I already owned the Arrow BD. So, no upgrade for me. Bummer.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I didn't care for the director's cut, but love the theatrical version. It is great to see that Arrow releases are getting upgraded to 4K on iTunes. That doesn't always happen with the small labels. Unfortunately, I never bought this on iTunes, as I already owned the Arrow BD. So, no upgrade for me. Bummer.
Arrow has a $2.99 sale like every 3 months, so you should be able to pick it up next time. :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
True -- I have taken advantage of those sales quite a bit in the past. The only question is whether this title will be included in any future $2.99 sales since it is now 4K.
They have a few other 4K titles which have always been in the $3 sale, so hopefully for those who haven't gotten Donnie Darko yet.

I'm a little torn on the DC, since I think it is a better edit, but I prefer the soundtrack of the theatrical release. I don't know why he changed it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Speed has upgraded to 4K
It's done so since I made that post about "Big Fish" as I checked Speed and Animal House along with Big Fish.

Edit: After checking Speed again, my digital on iTunes didn't upgrade so I checked my DVD Profiler again and I never bought the iTunes HD Digital. This was a Vudu disc to digital conversion for $1.00 over seven years ago.:laugh: Hell, the iTunes HD digital was probably upgraded to 4K when I checked earlier today. :blush: Anyhow, I liked this movie so much I pre-ordered the 4K disc last week so I should have it shortly.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's done so since I made that post about "Big Fish" as I checked Speed and Animal House along with Big Fish.

Edit: After checking Speed again, my digital on iTunes didn't upgrade so I checked my DVD Profiler again and I never bought the iTunes HD Digital. This was a Vudu disc to digital conversion for $1.00 over seven years ago.:laugh: Hell, the iTunes HD digital was probably upgraded to 4K when I checked earlier today. :blush: Anyhow, I liked this movie so much I pre-ordered the 4K disc last week so I should have it shortly.
I watched the 4K stream Monday night, as it upgraded shortly after 9pm on the West Coast.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Remind me again, gift purchases will not be paid out through the gift card amount saved onto one’s iTune count?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Remind me again, gift purchases will not be paid out through the gift card amount saved onto one’s iTune count?
Nope. "re-gifting" is prohibited. Gift purchases bypass your gift balance and charge directly to you credit card.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks