What's new

It's the Great Pumpkin sound (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the Deluxe Edition of this classic. It looks great, but I am disappointed in the sound. One of my favorite Peanuts moments is when Linus brings home a pumpkin in the opening scene and goes all the way around the fence and back. In previous versions, you can hear him rolling it around the other side of the fence. In the new version this delightful sound effect is obscured by overly loud music. You can hear the effects on all of the foreign language tracks.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I wonder if Warner would consider doing a replacement program to address this. My copy is on order along with the Remastered Deluxe Editions for "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving", "A Charlie Brown Christmas", and "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown".

LCD22

Screenwriter
I picked up the Deluxe Edition of this classic. It looks great, but I am disappointed in the sound. One of my favorite Peanuts moments is when Linus brings home a pumpkin in the opening scene and goes all the way around the fence and back. In previous versions, you can hear him rolling it around the other side of the fence. In the new version this delightful sound effect is obscured by overly loud music. You can hear the effects on all of the foreign language tracks.

Can you hear this on the Blu-ray/4K releases?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks