What's new

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World Movie Only Edition coming out on Oct 14th? (1 Viewer)

DouglasRobert

Second Unit
DVD Planet is listing a movie only edition of Mad World coming out on October 14th for $14.98.

Is this true and is the current version with the extras going out of print?

Is a Special Edition coming out in the near future?

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Amazon lists the new DVD's running time as 182 mins. vs. the 161 min. running time of the Special Edition version. It looks like this could be the restored roadshow version of the film that has been out on VHS.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on some discussions I had regarding this title, this latest dvd release has the same transfer as the last dvd release.

Crawdaddy

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Given how mucked up the last release was with the Overture missing and then fouling up the opening credits to repackage that one again ranks as a colossal waste of time.

It now looks that my purchasing the DVD, done solely to boost sales in the hopes a full-blown restoration would happen, was all for naught and that I should really take good care of my LD set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks