1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

italian job withdrawn?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DannyS, Mar 4, 2003.

1. DannyS

DannyS Second Unit

Um, I've just seen in the time bandits thread that this is being withdrawn in the UK. Is this correct and why would they do this? A better version to tie into a US R1 release? Could someone confirm this?

2. Darrell Bratz

Darrell Bratz Stunt Coordinator

When things like this get withdrawn (and in the case of the region 1 disc cancelled before release),I have to ask myself - does a major studio have a remake in the works? And indeed they do - a Mark Wahlberg/Edward Norton remake is aparrently in production.

First Marky Mark gets the Criterion "Charade" pulled from shelves, now this! Oh well, expect I suppose it will reappear when the remake hits home video.

3. Andy_MT

Andy_MT Second Unit

4. Christopher D

Christopher D Second Unit

Amazon UK recently had this (R2) on sale at an extremely low price, which is when I picked it up with the new Fish Called Wanda some other stuff. Not sure if it's still there, but may be worth a look for those suffering from "Gotta get me a copy of that because it's going OOP" syndrome.

5. IanS

IanS Stunt Coordinator

I borrowed the R2-UK DVD from a friend and watched in on my Apex AD-1500 (software modified), picture is quite nice although the 2.35 was squished down to 1.85, don't know why.