What's new

Is this an upgrade (1 Viewer)

Rob Ritch

Agent
I want to upgrade the my speakers, but do not have much cash to do it. My current speakers consist of old Fisher STV-876 for the mains, the original mains from the Kenwood HTiB 503 as the surrounds as well as the Kenwood Center and sub. I have been looking at the Fluance AV-HTB, and according to the reviews that I have read, they get pretty good reviews from the people that have tested . I have seen then described as "the best speakers in this price range" and "sounds like much more expensive speakers".

My question, is are the fluances a improvement over what I have now, or is it a waist of time. The current setup sounds fairly good, but I would like to improve, but I can not afford expensive speakers, nor will I be able to for a long time (New Baby on the Way).

BTW, I plan to continue using the Kenwood sub for now. TIA for any input on this

-Rob

Arron H

Second Unit
Rob,

I am not familiar with this speaker so others will need to help you there. It would be useful to know what your budget is as there are many budget speakers out there that offer really exceptional performance.

Rob Ritch

Agent
Well, I can get the Fluance for about $250.00 delivered, and that is about the top end of the budget. I do not want to push it too much with the Wife, since I just bought a 53" RPTV, Progressive DVD, and Pronto NEO remote.

-Rob

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
Your wife must have some left hook. I am not familiar with those speakers but I am pretty sure you can get the klipsh Quintet system for the same price. I have suggested these to many friends and they were greatly satisfied.

Rob Ritch

Agent
Your wife must have some left hook
Jeff see above, wife is 8 months pregenant, so yeah, a good left hook is an understatement.;) Actually, She bought me the RPTV, Progressive DVD, AVIA, SPL Meter, ProntoNEO remote, and all new AR interconnects for the entire system for fathers day this year, so I would say that she has been pretty good to me so far. As for the Klipsch Quintet System, where can I get more information about these?
-Rob

Mark Fitzsimmons

Supporting Actor
Also check out the JBL NSP1 package. It has 4 identical speakers and their matching center channel. It does not include a sub, which matches your criteria b/c you want to continue using your Kenwood sub. It will run about $250 but I have seen it as low as $200 shipped.

Arron H

Second Unit
Rob,
Jeff & Mark's recommendations are very solid at your price point. If you can stretch it a little, your might want to consider this setup:
Cheap Home Theatre
You could keep using the surrounds that you have and would have a very nice front soundstage with the Axioms. These speakers are very highly regarded on this forum but they would be a bit of a stretch at $495.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks