What's new

Upgrade from Denon 6300 to 3800H? (1 Viewer)

Seawater

Auditioning
Real Name
R Scott Sherman
I have the Denon AVR 6300, which is from 2016. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the 3800H, being that it’s newer technology?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The only thing you’ll really get is 8K, which probably isn’t a benefit. So, probably no.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I checked the specs on the 6300 and from what I could find, it looks like that model doesn't support HDR, while the 3600 does. Unless Denon fixed that with a later firmware update.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I checked the specs on the 6300 and from what I could find, it looks like that model doesn't support HDR, while the 3600 does. Unless Denon fixed that with a later firmware update.
I wondered about that, and one spec list I found showed it does work with HDR, but it didn't specify if DV was included in that.

So... I tended to think it was the same generation as my Marantz AV7703, which is the same company, and had HDR added in a firmware update. In fact, even the earlier AV7702 mkII had it added.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I wondered about that, and one spec list I found showed it does work with HDR, but it didn't specify if DV was included in that.

So... I tended to think it was the same generation as my Marantz AV7703, which is the same company, and had HDR added in a firmware update. In fact, even the earlier AV7702 mkII had it added.
Yeah, I can't recall what year most receivers eventually switched over to HDMI 2.0 from 1.4 or 1.4a. All I remember is that I got burned with the "4K Ready" moniker on my old Marantz SR5008, but often forget when I purchased it (it was 2013).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks