What's new

Is this a no brainer? speaker help:) (1 Viewer)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hi all..I am looking at these follow 2 setups, and wondering what would be best for a HT setup in the eyes of others...Being I can't hear the Axioms, I'm going to throw bait out and see how well the respose is..I have a 12x14x7' room...looking at Paradigm studio 40's (front) 20's(rear) and studio CC...this can be had for about 1800 usd+ stands (and a trip to Canada)...OR a Axiom setup the m22tise's (for front and rear) and vp150se CC...this can be had for ~1300 usd +stands. Are there any changes you'd make as far as speaker picks? I have about 7 feet from couch to hdtv..and the speakers will be on either side of the TV...and the rears will be on either side of the couch, facing inward...any help would be great...thanks much..TL

PS...I am using a svs 20-39pci sub, and a low end yammy receiver(5240) fyi.

Robertto

Stunt Coordinator
FWIW, I think the vp100 might be a better match for the 22s. I have 2 22s coming on Tuesday, and if I like them I think I'd go w/the 100 rather then 150. Isn't the rule to have mains and ctr if not all speaker as close to identical as poss for HT?

And to answer your q, I think the 22s or for that matter the m3s are a better comparo to the moniter series. I know that's what I had narrowed it down to. And for that matter it seems like most people here compare the montier to the m3/22 Axioms.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the reply...anyone else have a simular thought? Also, what receiver would you consider in the 700-1000 range? thanks again..tl

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
tommy,
i think that regardless of the setup you choose, you wont be disappointed.

the vp150 matches very well with the m22s. it is seamless whenever something pans the three front speakers.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Will my yammy 5240 run this setup ok for now? (axiom m22tise's(4 of them 2 rear, 2 front) a vp150 CC, and svs 2039pci sub? I know its a older receiver, but I'll upgrade as soon as I can find one I like a lot better:) thanks again...TL

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
tommy,

yeah. that receiver is rated at 70 wpc, which is plenty for your current setup.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Just checking to see if anyone else has a view on them...Marc from audioshop says 4 m22tise's would be fine...again, this is for HT mostly...thanks much! TL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks