What's new

Is there any way to remove the burned date on my digital pictures? (1 Viewer)

Richard_T

Second Unit
Hey, I'm an idiot. I know it but, when my fiancee and I went to St. Lucia 2 weeks back, I took a bunch of digital pictures of the resort we went to. It wasn't until we got home that I noticed the date said 2002! D'oh!! We'll now I'd like to get rid of the date without ruining the picture. Is there any way to remove the offending date short of cropping that part of the picture off? Help save a doofus!!;)

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
you should be able to "clone" out the date using a photo retouching program like Photoshop Elements. Might be tedius, but some you should be able to crop without ruining the composition.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
If the image is already in JPEG, you can't automatically do it. If the image is in the camera's native format, it would depend on the format. Its possible that the date isn't truly in the image, it could be stored seperately and added in by the viewing software. However I doubt that's the case.

There might be filters for Photoshop that could recognize the digits as an anamoly and remove them. I'd recommend looking for that. Check out some of the digital photography sites, dpreview.com is one I can recall offhand and should get you started. I'm sure that someone has worked up something to identify dates on images either added by digital cameras, or from scanned photos that have this on them.

Why do you have this feature on though? This information is in all likelihood stored in the file, why have it added to the image? For instance my old Kodak which I bought in 1999 has all the info about the image embedded in it, it includes shutter speed, flash mode, F-number, exposure time, etc. Its quite thorough. Check out your image properties, it will vary by OS what is shown, and XP has all the details.

Richard_T

Second Unit
Like I said guys, I'm a doofus. I also have a Kodak camera (DC3400 I think) that does keep all the info but I do it anyway. Thanks for your help though. I'll give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks