What's new

Is there a better DVD changer than the Panny CP72? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have a Panny 56k currently and I love it, but I just bought my Cinema Wise Custom intro DVD and need a second DVD player or a DVD changer. Should I stick with the Panny line and get the CP72? Or is there a better DVD changer out there in this price range?

I have around $250- $350 to spend.

I also like the added DVD-Audio function of the Panny CP72. I have a few DVD-Audio disks that I just play through my DVd player and love them, so I am looking forward to hearing them the way they were meant to be heard.

(now I just need some base management some how, because my Denon 2802 does not have any for DVD-Audio disks)

Thanks for the help and God bless you all!

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Grady,

For the price tag of only $189 after $30 mail in rebate for the CP72, you can't beat it. For that price you get 5 Disc Playback, decent DVD-A playback, multi-format playback on any kind of media, the superior RP91's MPEG Decoder with CCS OFF, superior deinterlacer thanks to the Sage Fli2200 DCDi deinterlacer, and no chroma bug. If you are into backing up to MP3s for a jukebox, this player has the best MP3 playback of any I have seen. It shows up to about 30 characters on the TV, and it plays them back randomly and it actually works. Imagine this, you could fit 100 or so 4-5 minute MP3s encoded at 192kbps Stereo(CD Quality On Most Content) on one CD X 5 CDs at one time giving you a 500-600 song jukebox the randomly shuffles songs or DVD-A discs. The CP72 is all of this and a bag of chips in my opinion.

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Thanks Jason. I just bought it with the group buy for December over at the Spot.

I will get it on Monday!! I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks