What's new

Is the WS Cats & Dogs available? (1 Viewer)

Charles Dodge

Auditioning
I have looked in several stores, and have not been able to find any copies of the widescreen version of Cats & Dogs.
I have seen in offered on several internet sites. Does anyone know if the WS edition is actually available yet, or has it been delayed as I was told by one store?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I just got an email from Amazon stating that my WS Cats & Dogs has shipped. So they're starting to appear in more places.
KJP

AaronJB

Second Unit
deepdiscountdvd.com shipped mine. I reviewed it last week - although the supplements are slightly weak, the transfer is beautiful and the audio is occasionally quite lively.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I stopped by Hollywood video yesterday, and they had several copies on the shelf. Not a single pan-and-scan version! :)

RicP

Screenwriter
Most of the stores in NYC now have the Widescreen version. In fact at 2 of them I didn't even see a "Full Screen" version on the shelf. :)
------------------
ricplate.jpg
ribbon.gif

Ric Perrott - My DVD's

Chris Moreau

Stunt Coordinator
I got exactly the same response at Suncoast, Steve. In fact, the salesguy told me that he knew for certain that there wasn't a widescreen version, because "Warner Brothers is no longer doing widescreen versions of children's and family films."
[Edited last by Chris Moreau on October 23, 2001 at 01:23 PM]

DougB

Agent
Don't you just love it when some sales "jockey" tries to WOW you with his SUPER INSIDERS INFO on releases such as this? When you know for a fact he has no clue what he's talking about?
wink.gif

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
For some reason, this response really pissed me off.
But rather than fight the good fight with the clueless
blue-shirted wonder's manager, I went online and ordered
the widescreen version from Amazon.com.
This makes me want to revive DVD Resource for one last rant...
- Steve

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Don't you just love it when some sales "jockey" tries to WOW you with his SUPER INSIDERS INFO on releases such as this? When you know for a fact he has no clue what he's talking about?
No, it makes me want to strangle them to death. But If I did that to all the sales people, it'd be a bloodbath!
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I just checked an HMV here on business in Toronto and there was not a single copy of the WS version in the store...didn't even bother to ask....

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I sent an e-mail to RentMyDVD.com asking why they didn't have the widescreen version. Here's the response.
Please forgive our Purchasing Department oversight in missing the version of the title you are looking for. I have sent a copy of your e-mail to them for review.
It is my understanding in this situation that the two different versions had order dates that were quite separate and that the full screen was earlier; however, I do not know why the full screen was the only one we ordered. In general we only will order wide-screen versions. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
You almost have to assume that there is a problem in the distribution chain somewhere.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Matt Heebner

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped in to the HV by my house, and was disappointed yet again by the pan-n-fuckin-scan version of Cats and Dogs. This is two movies now...Mummy Returns, and Cats and Dogs. I talked with the guy behind the counter, and he actually said that this was a travesty. I felt a little better knowing that someone understands my anguish. He said that he would see what he could do, but that it's totally up to the distribution office.
I am sooo pissed right now....I would love to just have one hour alone with whoever makes these really "intelligent" decisions at the studios. First I would show them the error of their ways, then I would show them my fists pummeling their face.
Okay, took a break, and I have cooled down..... a little.
It's too bad really, I would have liked my kids to see this movie.
Matt
------------------
NO OAR...NO SALE/NO RENTAL!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
At Tower today, a woman asked me where she could find Cats & Dogs. (She heard me talking DVD stuff with a friend who works there so she assumed I was an employee.)
Instead of saying "I don't work here", I grabbed it off of a shelf and said "There's a Widescreen version coming in a few weeks", fully expecting her to not care at all.
She didn't. Fortunately, her husband overheard me and said "Yeah, I'll just wait for the REAL version..."
I wanted to hug him. Instead, I just said "Ah, a man after my own heart" and he then kissed me full on the lips.
OK, he didn't kiss me but everything else is true.
crazy.gif

Moral of the story: Not ALL DVD consumers are imbeciles. (Probably only about 64%.)
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Checked all my local B&M's today, and still no widescreen love. It's times like these that I wish I had a credit card so I could order online...
frown.gif

JamesHB

Agent
Real Name
James
I checked the bigger retailers in the Anaheim/Fullerton area today and no C&D widescreen yet.
[Edited last by Jim Badger on October 23, 2001 at 06:03 PM]

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
Just to let you Canadians know, I thought I would take a look when I was at Future Shop, and they DID have wide screen available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks