What's new

Is the Rotel RMB-1095 Amp considered ENTRY LEVEL? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Bryan

The Rotel 1095 would be considered entry level for golden ears with golden pockets.

Please be aware, however, that amps do not all sound the same. No single amp combines all the best qualities. Having said that, also be aware that the differences are subtle, at least in my experience.

Differences become audible when the amp starts to clip. But with 200 solid watts into 8 ohms and 330 watts into 4 ohms, clipping should not be a problem unless you have very inefficient speakers and play them incredibly loud.

I would love to have the 1095.

Artie

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
I would say Arthur is kind of right, no it's not an entry level piece. If you are entering into the world of separates at about $2k it's a bit more than a "starter" amp. The 1095 is a respected amp though and it along with a nice pre-amp section can be the beginning of a very nice system.

Cheers,

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I have the Rotel RMB-1905 and an RB-1090 (2x380) coupled with Anthem AVM20. A fantastic setup. There are many amps that are 'lower' then the Rotel and many above. It really depends on a couple of things. Your spending limit and your taste. There are lots of 5x200 amps and they are all different.
Marc

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Bryan,

I would say the Rotel RMB-1066 is an entry level amp. Not to say it doesn't do the job admirably. Pair it with a nice set of speakers(good sensitivity) and it will work wonders. Just remember, wattage is not the only thing you want to look at. Its what makes up the inside that can deliver that power to the speakers that is important.

Kevin

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Rotel has been called the poor-mans high-end equipment. Being that their product have similarities of many high end pieces of equipment. But, at a lesser price. Much of their equipment is manufactured in China. And they shop around the world for different components to keep the price down. I also have the 1095 and a 1090 paired with the Aragon Stage One Preamp/Processor. I'm quit happy with my entry level system. :)

DanaA

Screenwriter
The Rotel is definitely not an entry level amp. Many amps perform/cost less than the Rotel. Darrel has it right, with the Rotel, you'd taste something probably pretty close to high end at a much reduced price. I've not owned a Rotel amp personally, but I've heard and liked them very much. To me, they're pretty impressive pieces of equipment.

Yogi

Screenwriter
The 1095 is anything but entry level. To get anything better sounding than that you will have to spend more than a few times that amount. Go with it and you will be happy with it for a long time.

Rich Wenzel

Supporting Actor
I guess it depends on how you look at it...

To a "true audiophile", you would have monoblocks or a stereo amp at most and a 5 channel amp would be considered not hifi, even though some highend comanies (mcintosh, lexicon, et al) do make 5 channel amps...

As for hometheater, I tend to consider rotel, parasound (though the halo line looks to be well ahead of borderline), adcom, and a few others as entry level high-end...

however, i can't think of many non-high end dealers that do separate amps. I know onkyo and marantz have them, i think denon does, H&K does, yamaha probably does, but you don't see them as much...as most people go the separate routes they tend to move to higher end brands...

Rich

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator
The 1095 is top of the line Rotel with THX Ultra spec.

It is highly respected and owners tend to love them dearly.

Not entry level at all.

T.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks